Armed Motorcycle Bandit Nabs $1.5M in Vegas Heist

Casper

The story would be cooler if he rode the bike inside and then rode it back out. Regardless the theft of poker chips will severely limit his ability to cash them in.

Okay, just caught a blurb on this on Communist News Network, but it said he got $1.5m in chips. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't those be pretty much worthless?

You pay strippers to turn them in for you....

The idea is that there are many a top dealer in Vegas and they will pay him for the chips. Meaning, a heavy dealer will have customers and they can cash in the $25k chips w/o much of an issue... Majority were the $25k chips and maybe he will only get $5k per $25k chip, but considering the amount of time he did this and the amount he stole, he will get some pretty good change back.

That being said, Vegas always catches their crooks. This guy will probably slip up at some point and get nailed...

Cool effort, though.

the article says a "2009-2010 sport-style motorcycle."

So the police are confident in saying that the bike was less than 2 years old, but not what make or model?

Just goes to show that 99% of the population can't tell a new bike from a 7 year old bike.

Just goes to show that 99% of the population can't tell a new bike from a 7 year old bike.

I know, the XX constantly gets mistaken for a new bike, and she's comin into a decade, over a decade since the first, and there weren't many cosmetic changes between the first and last.

• 1 month later...