NEWB Needing Help

jbailey86

Hi, i'm new to the forum. I have/had a 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR. It was stolen from my house in columbus ohio. I live off of Bethel rd. I was turned onto this site by some people from 600rr.net. Seems like a site I would like to frequent assuming I get my bike back so I could ride.

Anyways I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone heres anything or knows someone selling a bike that resembles mine if they would let me know. Some specifics about my bike are: Its candy blue 04 CBR 600 RR. Has a jardine exhaust. Some light scratch marks on the drivers side faring from falling over. The rear tail lights were broken so It has some clear caulking around them to hold them on. The license plate is 51MRU. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are some pics of what it looks like.

cbr4.jpg

cbr3.jpg

cbr2.jpg

cbr.jpg

I don't know if the steering stem was locked. I'm new to bikes, this was my first one. I have the key so I'm assuming it was locked. I've been checking ebay and craiglslist everyday and posting on everything I could think of.

The vin # is JH29C370X4M102022

I appreciate all the support and help. Hopefully it gets returned in atleast halfway decent shape and I can meet some of you guys on the road.

Very few have factory anti-theft devices other than the steering lock, and your CBR is not one of those few exceptions.

The steering lock mentioned above is when you turn the handlebars all the way to the left, then turn the ignition key counter-clockwise from the "off" position, which locks the bars in place. Not a big deterrent, but better than nothing. If someone sees a bike with a broken steering lock, that's a good sign it's been stolen. That's why the other poster asked.