What's not to like?

beezer

Hi,

New to this group. Love Southern Ohio roads and done most of them. Been all up through the Northeast mountains last summer and the Southeast Mountains this summer.

Current ride is a Moto Guzzi Stelvio. Shaft drive=clean bike, dry clutch=clean oil, Air cooled - Water and oil don't mix. Plenty fast, lots of room, 40-45 MPG, what's not to like?

Welcome to the site!

Nice choice of motorcycle, and my style of riding too....I am very interested in your thoughts, roads, places, and experiences in the Northeast Mountains, my Brother wants me to ride up there this Summer.

I really enjoyed the trip up there. We traveled through the Poconos, Catskills, Adirondacks, Alleghany Highlands, Taconite, White and Green Mountains. The roads most like Ohio were around the Finger Lakes and Hudon Valley. Loved those. Went as far east as Boston. The "adventure" you don't want to miss is the Mount Washington Road in New Hampshire. 6000+ feet to the place that claims to have the highest recorded wind speed on earth. I have attached a couple of pictures.

I really enjoyed the trip up there. We traveled through the Poconos, Catskills, Adirondacks, Alleghany Highlands, Taconite, White and Green Mountains. The roads most like Ohio were around the Finger Lakes and Hudon Valley. Loved those. Went as far east as Boston. The "adventure" you don't want to miss is the Mount Washington Road in New Hampshire. 6000+ feet to the place that claims to have the highest recorded wind speed on earth. I have attached a couple of pictures.

Thank you for the info and pics, it certainly seems like the trip will be worth it.

a friend had a Guzzy years ago , run the crap out of it for a long time.

Yep, they have a reputation for running forever and the more you beat on them the more they like it. I credit the dry clutch in part for keeping grit out of the engine oil. 1st one I had didn't even break in until 12,000 miles and I put 50,000 on it with nothing but routine maintenance. Still runs like a top.