Open Carry and CCW Question

Jst2fst

When I see someone on a wheelchair whoop someones azz I'll be a believer. Are you saying the person in the chair is completely disabled or a broken foot kinda injury?

Can tell you've never taken any real self defense or hand-to-hand training. There are plenty of things someone can do even if they don't have the use of some of their limbs.

...and where you guys keep getting this "whoop someones azz" crap?

It's not just about beating the shit out of your opponent. It's primarily about situational awareness and improving your situation if an incident can't be avoided. Of course there is an increasing level of escalation if the threat persists, but it's not a frickin' movie where they destroy your opponent from the get go.

When I see someone on a wheelchair whoop someones azz I'll be a believer. Are you saying the person in the chair is completely disabled or a broken foot kinda injury?

+1

It's not just about beating the shit out of your opponent. It's primarily about situational awareness and improving your situation if an incident can't be avoided. Of course there is an increasing level of escalation if the threat persists, but it's not a frickin' movie where they destroy your opponent from the get go.

I agree with your last point. But you need to be able to stop the threat.

Ya can't just hit the reset button , and go.. ok let's try that again.:p

But, IMO just because someone can shoot a gun, (Hell i watched video of a guy with no arms shoot a gun with his feet)

It doesn't meant they have the physical ability to go H2H effectively to stop a threat. Especially if the attacker is escalating the attack or where it is a case of disparity of force i.e. Grandma vs 6ft 5in 300 lb crackhead

+1

But, IMO just because someone can shoot a gun, (Hell i watched video of a guy with no arms shoot a gun with his feet)

It doesn't meant they have the physical ability to go H2H effectively to stop a threat. Especially if the attacker is escalating the attack or where it is a case of disparity of force i.e. Grandma vs 6ft 5in 300 lb crackhead

That's why someone that carries a gun needs to be able to function in such a situation, to determine the course of action that they must take, be it h2h, or drawing their weapon full prepared to USE it.

+1

You aren't aware of how useless a gun generally is under 25-30 feet if your assailant is charging/attacking and insistent on hurting/killing you are you?

Read up on the Tueller Drill. Even while facing and expecting the attack most people can't draw and fire on an assailant at 20 feet even with practice before they can reach you. In reality an attack is unexpected, increasing reaction time, and closer when realized, reducing time to react.

Get a good idea of how far 20-25 feet is. Now go walk around in everyday situations and see just how many people fall into a circle that extends that distance around you.

A gun isn't the great equalizer people think it is.

There's plenty of things that can be done to create space and time to clear a weapon for use even if you are in a wheel chair or your attacker is much larger/younger/faster/stronger than you.

I'm saying all this as someone who carries and has a wife that carries often.

I'm very familiar with a the Tueller Drill.

Just because you can shoot a firearm it doesn't make you a H2H warrior and vice versa. Thats my point.

You cannot say that if someone has the ability to shoot a gun then they automatically have the ability to go h2h with someone :rolleyes:

Edited by eggs

I'm very familiar with a the Tueller Drill.

Just because you can shoot a firearm it doesn't make you a H2H warrior and vice versa. Thats my point.

You cannot say that if someone has the ability to shoot a gun then they automatically have the ability to go h2h with someone :rolleyes:

No one said that. Again, I said, "...you can learn enough self defense/hand-to-hand to make a difference." I'm not going to bother to spell it out further, again.

You seem to be jumping from 'able to shoot gun' to 'magical Chuck Norris'.

Where I'm going from 'able to shoot a gun' to 'learn enough practical self defense to give yourself opportunity to actually be able to use your gun when needed'

Edited by fusion

Movie magic but still impressive. Skip to last minute.

YouTube - Collateral - Tom Cruise Target 2

Point taken and considered. While some people might fall into the category of an expert marksman or ect. This was however a movie and we all know things don't always play out the same. I see what your going for just wondering the what if scenarios like if the other guy had drew his gun in time to shoot. But the assailants did show over confidence an assuming he was unarmed which was a mistake all in its own.

Are you saying you are going to bring a knife to a gun fight....

I've seen what jagr will do with a knife to himself pulling flags off his bike. Let alone what he'd do to someone in a fight. I'd be worried.