Open Carry and CCW Question

Jst2fst

Your lucky you got bear arms I just got the hair on my back and chest :(
That's so fucking gross. :nono:

Solution: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtCv6mYIQmTd9DAMtYy2H-WudLRxUzFmng1xPl6qPg4T0T7DkBkg

Its only gross cause its true. I'll trim it come spring with the weed trimmer.

No, no, no. You'll just gum up the works, dummy...:D

say you come out of the bathroom at a gas station and its being robbed....and your carrying....say you shoot the robber---then what? you go to jail?

i plan to get my ccw just so I can throw my guns & ammo in the front of my vehicle when I go somewhere. Ohio's gun laws are loopy.

You can only use deadly force against a threat to your life or an innocents life. You cannot use deadly force to protect property. You'd also better be sure the guy robbing the place or pointing a gun at someone is the bad guy. First impressions can be deceiving.

Download the concealed carry booklet from the Ohio AG website. Get into the firearms forum on here and go to the "Firearm Reference Thread" It's stickied. There's some information and links in there you should read up on.

You can only use deadly force against a threat to your life or an innocents life. You cannot use deadly force to protect property. You'd also better be sure the guy robbing the place or pointing a gun at someone is the bad guy. First impressions can be deceiving.

Download the concealed carry booklet from the Ohio AG website. Get into the firearms forum on here and go to the "Firearm Reference Thread" It's stickied. There's some information and links in there you should read up on.

Also, watch the shows on Spike channel that are on Sat mornings, I believe @ 9:00. I have them recording on TiVo. Lots of good info, and tactics for those that carry, or plan to carry.

I'd shoot the guy open carrying, empty his pockets, and make sure he had his gun in his hand before I called the cops.

Of course none of that matters. You can't pull a gun fast enough to defend yourself most of the time anyway. People who rely on their gun as first line of defense are only kidding themselves.

Agreed. I also know my boot can break bones and tear ligaments. My knee can make noodles shoot out of your ass. Knowing you can do these things has kept me cool and in the moment when I've been in situations. And yes I've been in situations. This new gun carry thing is just another tool in the arsenal. Also a nice folder has been added. I think I can get that out,opened and inserted quicker than digging for a grip under a sweatshirt.

Now make with the knife/fist Vs gunfight argument. :rolleyes:

Agreed. I also know my boot can break bones and tear ligaments. My knee can make noodles shoot out of your ass. Knowing you can do these things has kept me cool and in the moment when I've been in situations. And yes I've been in situations. This new gun carry thing is just another tool in the arsenal. Also a nice folder has been added. I think I can get that out,opened and inserted quicker than digging for a grip under a sweatshirt.

I'll start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckOULenKxiQ&playnext=1&list=PLB36AC34F9F22A2F0&index=37

Some people don't have the capabilities to fight h2h or the correct training.

One important thing is Situational awareness , If you are aware of whats happening around you then it is easier to prepare for or avoid trouble.

You can only use deadly force against a threat to your life or an innocents life. You cannot use deadly force to protect property.

+1

If anyone wants further info

Look up disparity of force

Edited by eggs

That's awesome to hear if you have prepared. Most don't. There's very few of us that carry and have any kind of hand-to-hand or defense training at all.

I've always found it interesting that those so dead set on guns as a must have for self defense never pursue other means of training for the defense of themselves and others. Especially once you consider that inside 20+ feet or so you can't draw and fire fast enough to stop a charging assailant or attacker.

That statement is complete bullshit. If you can draw, aim and fire a weapon to hit a target, you can learn enough self defense/hand-to-hand to make a difference.

With h2h people are less likely to make a physical confrontation fearing their attacker will out weigh them or endangering the entire party they are with. .

Are you saying you are going to bring a knife to a gun fight....

That statement is complete bullshit. If you can draw, aim and fire a weapon to hit a target, you can learn enough self defense/hand-to-hand to make a difference.

So I guy in a wheelchair who knows how to shoot well can still can still kick ass h2h ? :wtf:

So I guy in a wheelchair who knows how to shoot well can still can still kick ass h2h ? :wtf:

I've seen plenty of people (men, women, kids,...) in wheel chairs take self defense classes. Add to that what I said was "...you can learn enough self defense/hand-to-hand to make a difference.".

I think you've been watching too many Ninja Turtle movies.

I've seen plenty of people (men, women, kids,...) in wheel chairs take self defense classes. Add to that what I said was "...you can learn enough self defense/hand-to-hand to make a difference.".

I think you've been watching too many Ninja Turtle movies.

When I see someone on a wheelchair whoop someones azz I'll be a believer. Are you saying the person in the chair is completely disabled or a broken foot kinda injury?