What do you think of the 2001 CBR929RR?

Beegreenstrings

I was not sure where to put this, I am not road racing, I am not touring, not a rider report - yet.

In general? I have the oppertunity to get one at a (I think) a great price. Has 6K miles on it. One small scuff at the bottom right fairing from something kicking up off the road and hitting the plastic. Beautiful bike. White, ride honda wings, polished lips on the wheels. CLEAN!

In general how is the power? Mileage? Ridability?

ANY and all comments wanted. Please. :cool:

I owned one for about 4 years (Black & Yellow), a great motorcycle in my opinion.

I actually wish I would have kept it, no issues at all, just regular maintenance and ride.

A light, agile, and very dependable motorcycle, the 929RR was very comfortable for me while riding it too.

For that year the power was great, not as powerful as the liter bikes today, but plenty capable in that area.

I don't quite remember how good of mileage the bike got, but I can't remember having a complaint about it either.

I hope this helps!

I was not sure where to put this, I am not road racing, I am not touring, not a rider report - yet.

In general? I have the oppertunity to get one at a (I think) a great price. Has 6K miles on it. One small scuff at the bottom right fairing from something kicking up off the road and hitting the plastic. Beautiful bike. White, ride honda wings, polished lips on the wheels. CLEAN!

In general how is the power? Mileage? Ridability?

ANY and all comments wanted. Please. :cool:

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=58178

My dad had one as his track bike and loved it!! He actually thinks it handles better than his 2006 gsxr 1000 track bike.. Its a little overweight and a little underpowered, but heck, its a great bike that he loved..

i wish i had my old 954 back ;(

i rode a 929 when it first came out my buddy paid cash for one then with less then 1,000 miles on it he flipped it over backwards!!! he was ok just a hamburger back !

it was a very smooth ride.....the efi was wonderful on that machine

This thread bombed. He never came back. :confused:

I'm right here... I was just reading what everyone wrote. It is Appreciated! I am getting reguardless. Might take a while but it is going to be mine. We have a deal worked out on it. He wants to ride it a few more times, so he said end of april first of may i could take ownership.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=58178

My dad had one as his track bike and loved it!! He actually thinks it handles better than his 2006 gsxr 1000 track bike.. Its a little overweight and a little underpowered, but heck, its a great bike that he loved..

You guys and your "track bikes", I am too chicken to try that stuff. Maybe one of these days.

I think it is the idea of remebering what it was like dog fighting in the corners when I raced MX. Thinking of the punishment of that on pavement just does not appeal to me.

I'm right here... I was just reading what everyone wrote. It is Appreciated! I am getting reguardless. Might take a while but it is going to be mine. We have a deal worked out on it. He wants to ride it a few more times, so he said end of april first of may i could take ownership.

:cool:

Hey, post pictures when you finally get it. Is it the red/white one? You're getting a good bike.