WTB: 07+ Street/Track bike

Bad324

so after talks with some people and lots of reading about track days, I think I'm turning my bike search focus in another direction. Its will be primarily street duty but eventually will see a track so I can learn to ride. In a perfect world this is what I want:

*07+ 600RR, R6, GSXR or ZX6r

*Clean title

*Track and street bodywork

*Under 7500 miles

*the more usable mods the better

*$5k-ish price range

Edited by Bad324

*07+ 600RR, R6, GSXR or ZX6r

*Clean title

*Track and street bodywork

*Under 7500 miles

*$5k-ish price range

I have been thinking about selling my bike. Even though I love it, if its the right sale for both of us I could do it.

*07 R6

*not a clean title

*street bodywork, I can get track (both red, track is red+white)

*Under 4000 miles

*$5k-ish price range: yes

I have been thinking about selling my bike. Even though I love it, if its the right sale for both of us I could do it.

*07 R6

*not a clean title

*street bodywork, I can get track (both red, track is red+white)

*Under 4000 miles

*$5k-ish price range: yes

pics, price and any mods?

I have exactly what you want and am looking to sell. Perhaps we could work out exactly what form you want it in.

I offered it to some people as it came off the track last year for $4500. In track form it has some prototype Rockwall bodywork, Hotbodies windscreen, Yoyodyne/Motoholders fairing stay, Woodcraft clip-ons, Vortex rearsets, a Scotts/Ohlins steering damper on a custom mount, and some off-brand "no-cut" frame sliders and swingarm spools.

My plan for spring is to put it back to 100% stock and sell for $5500. I wasn't really planning on starting this until the weather warms up though. If you want the bike in stock form at that price I'll throw in the race bodywork for free, we can talk about other items seperately.

I also have a spare set of wheels with rotors, spare set of unmounted bodywork, spare set of Vortex rearsets, spare Hotbodies windscreen, two spare sets of frame sliders, and maybe some other stock and aftermarket spares laying around.

The two prices above aren't really negotiable. The bike in stock form will be mint except for a fuel stain on the lower fairing that you can see in the second picture below. Any questions please ask, I'll be happy to answer them in the public forum in case anyone else might be interested.

Adult ridden, never raced, only dropped three times. :D

2dbtshf.jpg

21f09wj.jpg

what happened to the phoenix?

the dude is annoying me with not being real flexible and it gave me time to think I don't need to spend that much plus all the parts I was gonna buy for it. Then once I did that, I'd be too much of a pansy to ride it hard in fear of wrecking it and wasting lots of money. It would turn more into a "show" bike and well bike nights are ok but I get bored fast

I have exactly what you want and am looking to sell. Perhaps we could work out exactly what form you want it in.

I offered it to some people as it came off the track last year for $4500. In track form it has some prototype Rockwall bodywork, Hotbodies windscreen, Yoyodyne/Motoholders fairing stay, Woodcraft clip-ons, Vortex rearsets, a Scotts/Ohlins steering damper on a custom mount, and some off-brand "no-cut" frame sliders and swingarm spools.

My plan for spring is to put it back to 100% stock and sell for $5500. I wasn't really planning on starting this until the weather warms up though. If you want the bike in stock form at that price I'll throw in the race bodywork for free, we can talk about other items seperately.

I also have a spare set of wheels with rotors, spare set of unmounted bodywork, spare set of Vortex rearsets, spare Hotbodies windscreen, two spare sets of frame sliders, and maybe some other stock and aftermarket spares laying around.

The two prices above aren't really negotiable. The bike in stock form will be mint except for a fuel stain on the lower fairing that you can see in the second picture below. Any questions please ask, I'll be happy to answer them in the public forum in case anyone else might be interested.

Adult ridden, never raced, only dropped three times. :D

this intrigues me, I have been becoming rather partial to the white. Would definitely be interested on the price as stock but including the track bodywork and steering damper.

Is that just tape over the lights?

this intrigues me, I have been becoming rather partial to the white. Would definitely be interested on the price as stock but including the track bodywork and steering damper.

The bike has a stock electronic steering damper. The Scotts will not fit unless you cut the tank cover and the key. I would not do this to the stock stuff.

2vj7638.jpg

Is that just tape over the lights?

That is "electrical binding tape." It is a vinyl tape like electrical tape, but leaves no residue and has an easy-tear serrated texture to it. By far the best stuff I have found for covering lights, taping wheel weights, etc. Found at Home Depot in the electrical tape section. Looks damn good on this particular bike too, since it matches the silver accents. :D

Mods: Micron slip-on, Pazzo (maybe, I forget manufacturer) front levers, smoked front turn signals, smoked integrated rear tail light

Pics: here is a photobucket album of them, along with a video. I can take more or attach them here if you want, I just didn't want to clutter the thread too much.

Price: I would like to get $5500 for everything

Just some quick info; it has never actually made it to the track nor has it ever been down or damaged. As-is, it is strictly track duty.

Mods: Micron slip-on, Pazzo (maybe, I forget manufacturer) front levers, smoked front turn signals, smoked integrated rear tail light

Pics: here is a photobucket album of them, along with a video. I can take more or attach them here if you want, I just didn't want to clutter the thread too much.

Price: I would like to get $5500 for everything

Just some quick info; it has never actually made it to the track nor has it ever been down or damaged. As-is, it is strictly track duty.

ah ok, I'm looking for something to pull both street and track duty. I'm also confused about the title situation. you said its not clean but the bike has never been down?

Man thats a tough price depending how tricked out you want it for the track. You can easily find a tricked out track bike for $4Gs but also clean title and streetable may be more difficult.

What are you looking for in a track ready bike (ie mods/equip)?

Man thats a tough price depending how tricked out you want it for the track. You can easily find a tricked out track bike for $4Gs but also clean title and streetable may be more difficult.

What are you looking for in a track ready bike (ie mods/equip)?

As far as track stuff goes really its just the bodywork that would be the plus for me, since it will be used more on the street until of course the addiction takes over I'm sure

• 4 weeks later...
Your almost as indecisive as my wife.... make up your mind man, riding season is just around the corner (I hope).

haha yea it gets bad sometimes especially when there is a large $ amount in play. I still have the VFR so thats no issue

Hey bad, the bike I have would be more track duty than street unless you wanted to put the $ in to make it streetable. I had lowsided it last september at Nelson's and have been putting it back together for just the track. It does have a CLEAN title. I am currently waiting on the track bodywork I want to come back in stock before ordering it. Just put on a good subframe and am waiting on some nicer weather to do the stator cover (which is only scratched up).

If you would be looking for a track bike it would make a great one. It has the new XT Racing GPX laptimer, Bazzaz ZFi w/ quick shift, Vortex 520 Conv, Vortex Rearsets, and currently a set of Bridgestone DOT's. As it sits right now I would sell for $3000. Once I get the body work on it I'm looking at $3500.

I can try to get you some pics of as it is right now, but from your other posts it looks like this is not what you are looking for.

Phoenix14 is selling his 07 with street and fancy new optimail plastics. Pm him if youre interested
Hey bad, the bike I have would be more track duty than street unless you wanted to put the $ in to make it streetable. I had lowsided it last september at Nelson's and have been putting it back together for just the track. It does have a CLEAN title. I am currently waiting on the track bodywork I want to come back in stock before ordering it. Just put on a good subframe and am waiting on some nicer weather to do the stator cover (which is only scratched up).

If you would be looking for a track bike it would make a great one. It has the new XT Racing GPX laptimer, Bazzaz ZFi w/ quick shift, Vortex 520 Conv, Vortex Rearsets, and currently a set of Bridgestone DOT's. As it sits right now I would sell for $3000. Once I get the body work on it I'm looking at $3500.

I can try to get you some pics of as it is right now, but from your other posts it looks like this is not what you are looking for.

thanks but I'll probably pass for now even though the price is amazingly right :D