Picked up a new ride

tyler524

I picked up a 2011 4x4 twin turbo ecoboost F150 today. I have been looking for a year or so and finally pulled the trigger today. No more borrowing other peoples trucks anymore. That is my first brand new vehicle and I'm pretty excited about it. The only bad thing is that its too long for the garage.

picture.php?albumid=1055&pictureid=13346

picture.php?albumid=1055&pictureid=13345

Edited by tyler524
Biggerer Pictures

Very nice truck.

I am considering getting a truck this year. I just started researching the Ecoboost twin turbo motor. There is about 5 videos on Ford's website about the testing of this motor.

It is hard to determine what is actually true and what is just "marketing".

keep us updated on the real world MPGs... I've been seriously considering trading the Ridgeline in on an Ecoboost but I need some impressive gains to sway me because the Ridgeline is such a GREAT all around truck.

I love that its a half ton crew cab with a real full size bed instead if the stubby too short to be really useful 5 footer. Nice truck!

I really liked the screw cabs but I refused to have the 5 1/2ft bed so I was just going to get a scab until I found this one with the normal 6 1/2ft bed.

keep us updated on the real world MPGs... I've been seriously considering trading the Ridgeline in on an Ecoboost but I need some impressive gains to sway me because the Ridgeline is such a GREAT all around truck.

what do you haul just groceries? Need sway from a ridgeline, that isnt even a truck. That eco boost can haul two of those things. Lol your poor little ridgeline can't even haul 1.

I had a GMC Sonoma... is that a truck :p No, I know it isn't. This thing is nice. I want one. Probably wouldn't get white though.

The white and chrome looked extra classy haha I really liked the blue flame and was set on it but the white with chrome really looked nice and a little more classy

Man I went to ford last night and watched some videos... I have not paid attention to new cars in some time! Holy hell twin turbos... I am still scratching my head. Last new vehicle I looked at was my buddies Raptor. Hell they come in a 4 door now. Ruined that one!

I had a GMC Sonoma... is that a truck :p No, I know it isn't. This thing is nice. I want one. Probably wouldn't get white though.

hahaha - i was at the auto show in maybe 2008, and they had a "robot" talking about the new F150. Someone made some comment about Honda making a truck, and the "robot" didn't miss a beat. He blurted out, "Honda doesn't make a truck; they just make that wimpy 4-door thing with half a bed. I could put that on the bed of an F150 and drive from here to Alaska!"

While I thought that was hilarious, the ridgeline is all most truck buyers need... I'd consider one if they weren't so freakin expensive for what they are. Explorer Sport-trac is easier and cheaper to find used.