Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - April 16 2011

jbot

I've already signed up as well so put me in the baller category! Now I need my disount!

P.s. is this good for the race school as well?

As stated earlier if you already signed up contact todd about the discount and he wikll take ncare of it. Same thing with any questions about race school. His email is info@motoseries.com

ballers (ie, confirmed in)

jbot

blue025635235546

apch8r

mykill

2wheeler

isaac's papa

grapesmuggler27

pending:

standout - 90%

ohdaho - csian

hutch - will wait til it's closer

rslocum

trmn8tr - "should" be in. what a noob.

aetsch - might just watch

Possibly in.. might just come watch/hang then ride in May.

Do you have to change coolant in the instructional class?

No, the instructional group doesn't have to. Here's a list from there site of bike prep in case you're wondering what else you might or might not have to do.

• REMOVE THE ANTI-FREEZE, water or water with Red-Line Water Wetter are the only fluids allowed in your cooling system (Only the Instructional Group is Exempt)
  • Remove or tape your mirrors and turn signals
  • Tape your headlight lens if it is made of glass
  • Tape your brake lights
  • Tape your speedometer (Instructional Group Only)
  • New-er "track day" or High Performance Street compound tires are recommended with no pronounced flat spots or irregular wear.
  • Anything that can be an entanglement or impalement hazard should be removed (non folding rear passenger pegs, stunt cages/bars, spike bar ends)
  • (Possible recommendations, but are not required include: Race bodywork and if possible remove or secure your kickstand and license plate and/or bracket and rear passenger pegs and/or brackets, and safety wire your oil drain plug and cap and filter, radiator cap and drain plug) (Blue masking or Painters tape is recommended; Duct tape is commonly used, but is sometimes difficult to remove)

jbot

blue025635235546

apch8r

mykill

2wheeler

isaac's papa

grapesmuggler27

trmn8tr - in. still a noob.

pending:

standout - 90%

ohdaho - csian

rslocum

Fixed

snap. how many happy endings can we fit in a 20 minute session?

if you guys have any more questions about track day prep, where to pit, etc. just post up. I posted this in the other thread too: If those you who are showing up don't know anyone at the track, or are coming alone, or want some place to hang out, just post up. between us, I'm sure we'll take up a decent chunk of the pit area. blue23023954539623459063 and I usually hang out along the pit wall/rail near the beginning of the front straight.

For first timers, i know that even with someone helping you out, it's sort of nerve wracking. but it's pretty painless overall, and just awesome to be out on track.

jbot

blue025635235546

apch8r

mykill

2wheeler

isaac's papa

grapesmuggler27

pending:

standout - 90%

ohdaho - csian

rslocum

trmn8tr - "should" be in. what a noob.

redkow - let me see what the weather's like in April. That's also like 2 weeks before my finals...

Interested in going as extra practice before the WERA event at the end of the month would be great. Skipped some of the thread, but do we have the Motoseries membership fee or just the price posted? If the weathers good, I'm in for the trackday but probably not the race as I need to save some $$.

Edited by SJC1000rr
for trackday

Interested in going as extra practice before the WERA event at the end of the month would be great. Skipped some of the thread, but do we have the Motoseries membership fee or just the price posted? If the weathers good, I'm in.

there is no fee for motoseries. I probably should've put that in there somewhere. I'll post that on the other thread too. And motoseries will accept other orgs race license, but I think they charge like an extra $25 or so per race if you don't get your license through them.

Edited by jbot
license fees and crap

Yeah SJC you will have to buy a weekend license like you did when we went to Beaver. Just an additional $25, then the registration for each race. If you going to race you might as well ride on Saturday at the track day as you will get it for cheap for racing.

Yeah, I was mainly just looking for the trackday on Saturday really. Need to save some $$ for the wera race weekend at the end of the month. VIR set me back a bit more then I hoped, but would like to ride Saturday with everyone if it goes well with the weather.