Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - April 16 2011

jbot

Hi ya'll

I've been talking with the owner of Motoseries (Todd) and I've been trying to get our little group here a discounted day at Nelson Ledges. Here is the link to Motoseries website: www.motoseries.com

Since I am such a smooth talker and don't have a gag reflex, I got him to give us almost a 20% discount for April and May. I'll make a separate thread for May.

So, what that means is he will give us $20 off for the Saturday, April 16th 2011 track day event. But we have to get at least something like 10 people to get this to work. If we can get more people, we can get an even better discount... so the more the merrier.

If you're interested, post up here. I'll be there already to harass Isaac's Papa and some other people that need harassing. If you know you want to go, go to the site and sign up with this code: ohride11

Any questions, I can try to help as much as I can. There are others here that have been to Nelson quite a few times that will chime in.

You know you want to see me in my panda leathers riding the ugly bumblebee looking bike around the track.

NOTE: I am asking that you keep this thread related to the track day event and whether you want in or not. I will give a run down of the track and track day org as objectively as possible later in the thread when I get time. If you have a deep seeded hatred for Motoseries or Nelson for whatever reason, take it to another thread (I will be asking mods for help on this). This thread is to get people on the track, and have some fun, and do it without breaking the bank.

Edited by jbot
BIG RED LETTERS LOL
  • Upvote 1

err i forgot to put the date in the title. can one of the mods help me out? lol

the title should read:

Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - April 16 2011

75% sure im down.

awesome! please try to make it cause there are like NO asians there. nobody appreciates my flied lice jokes.

also, 75% is a C. you A-sian, not C-sian

i"m 90% in. Never ridden with motosereies. Any gate fees for spectators and whats the deal with camping at nelson?

here is the link to motoseries's track info: http://www.motoseries.com/track_nelson.htm

basically, it's $10 at the gate. I believe camping is free, from what i remember.

now is probably a good time to do a summary of the track.

It's a FAST track, it's a fun lay out. It is bumpy, and the grass has ruts (but then, so does ANY track that lets cars race/run on it). It is cheap, and good people run the show (motoseries is a great local org) and you can get a lot of individual attention if you ask. The facilities are kinda sad, but there are plenty of toilets showers, etc.

It is definitely NOT as fancy or technical as a track like Mid Ohio. However, it is a very economical way of getting cheap track time. The track surface is also very grippy, even in the rain. There are lots of people that will help you at the track if you ask around... and I'm not just talking about the control riders or instructors. Lots of those guys are there all the time, and they're like a little family. Just ask anyone, and they'll likely give you the shirt off their back. If they are gross, don't ask for their shirt.

If you are a solid Intermediate level rider or up, go there for the friday evening open track time. It's only $60 for 3 hours of open track. That is a bargain, especially if you can last more than just 20 minutes at a time. Then, camp for the night and do the day afterwards. Sunday is the race, and from what I understand, they are going to have track time on Mondays too.

I'll post up more as I think of it.

starting a list to keep track of who is in and who is maybe in.

feel free to copy + paste then, add, delete, modify your status, bitch out, etc:

ballers (ie, confirmed in)

jbot

blue025635235546

apch8r

mykill

madcat

2wheeler

isaac's papa

pending:

standout - 90%

ohdaho - csian

hutch - will wait til it's closer

Edited by jbot
who is.... TOMCAT lol

Do you guys have a link to a run down of the requirements for bike and gear? I really would like to do a track day but only have one bike and I'll be riding it there, preping and riding home. Or should I just forget it and wait till I'm a big boy and have a track purposed bike?