Lets talk about boots

cskeller07

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the TCX ss boot. They've been good for 20 some thousand miles. They are in need of replacement now though. swing arm pivot bolt nut (sounds weird) rubs on the front side of the boots and wears off the leather on my Sv with aftermarket rear sets. I'm seeing it's just the nature of the beast. Unless I get a boot with hard plastic right in the front. But then they won't flex as well. :nono:

Anyways the TCX ss boots are a good bargain boot for sport touring/ aggressive street riding for the price. I don't think I'll buy them again though. Time for something new.

I also keep going back to the Thor 50/50 boots Flying Brick is referencing. Really has heavy duty ankle protection. One of the sturdiest boots I've considered.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/610749/Thor-50/50-Boots

I own 2 pairs, and Silverfox bought her second pair not too long ago. Plus Thor customer service is awesome, they sent us new buckles twice, for free, when the original pair wore out.

these are cool and look like a good price but i need to find something that i can wear out in public everyday lol

Yup. You'll like em.

If you have the coin I would suggest the Airs. The fusions and the B2s get hot in the summer. Thats my only complaint with them.

They are actually the same price...

I considered that, im not sure what i would want, when i ride to work in the morning its sometimes 40-50 and i dont want to get cold feet

Ah. I didn't see the fusion Airs.

Well for me its always been easier to stay warm than cool. With the right socks and or electrics you can be comfortable in cooler temps. But when its hot it's harder to stay cool even at speed. IMO at least.

Ah. I didn't see the fusion Airs.

Well for me its always been easier to stay warm than cool. With the right socks and or electrics you can be comfortable in cooler temps. But when its hot it's harder to stay cool even at speed. IMO at least.

Yeah, im thinking im going with the air, id rather be a little cold in the feet, than so hot im miserable

just get what you are comfortable with. You don't wanna go full boot you don't have too. Find a happy medium between the coin you have and the lecel of protection you need

Just don't wear sneakers or mandals like TurboNick! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone got a pair of Icon Field Armors? Just got a pair but would like to hear some personal field test results, I find they're very stiff but needed something more protective than my trusty old workboots for track attacking and backroad blasts

• 9 months later...

These are from Belleville, they are waterproof, don't remember specific model. Comfortable for daily ride to work (bike or truck) and work itself. I've hade these for over 2 years now and haven't let me down what-so-ever. Probably depends on what your riding though, obviously not recommended for sport bike riding.

boot005.jpg