First gun to own

Jeepman3ski

What range stonewall? I shoot there alot. I also been driving out east to shoot outdoors.

Yes it was Stonewall didn't get to shoot they were packed... my buddy was looking for night sights for his glock 36 and they wouldn't sell them to him said they would only sell night sights to cops.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had a m&p and have 2xds like the xd much better. M&p was weird to take down didn't like the fact you had to use that little rod to flip a lever to take it down. Good choice on the xd.

It's a safety design so the trigger isn't pulled during a field strip.

It's a safety design so the trigger isn't pulled during a field strip.

Because it's such a big deal for an already safe gun owner. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, safety features and reliability were a big factor in my picking the XD. The need to dry fire the XD to field strip it isn't a big deal, as long as the person stripping it is safe, and checks and double checks to make sure it's unloaded. From what I've been reading from much more experienced gun owners, dry firing isn't a big deal on most modern pistols. On the XD, excessive dry firing can cause damage to a $5 roll pin.

I like the fact that I don't need any tools to field strip my XD, others like the fact that you don't have to pull the trigger. Personal preference, I suppose.

I like the fact that I don't need any tools to field strip my XD, others like the fact that you don't have to pull the trigger. Personal preference, I suppose.

on my 1911, the different parts of the gun are the tools you need. for example, you use the hammer strut to push out the mainspring pin.

Because it's such a big deal for an already safe gun owner. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, safety features and reliability were a big factor in my picking the XD. The need to dry fire the XD to field strip it isn't a big deal, as long as the person stripping it is safe, and checks and double checks to make sure it's unloaded. From what I've been reading from much more experienced gun owners, dry firing isn't a big deal on most modern pistols. On the XD, excessive dry firing can cause damage to a $5 roll pin.

Accidents (read negligence) happen, to experienced gun owners too. I also don't need any extra tools, it's the grip pad pin and in the butt of the gun anyways. I told you about the guy that shot himself in the leg.vVeteran gun owner cleaning his gun. Put it back together, tested for proper operation. Had done it thousands of times. Made sure it loaded a round in the chamber, he got sidetracked then pulled the trigger to dry fire and shot himself. That's why the M&P was designed that way.

my buddy was looking for night sights for his glock 36 and they wouldn't sell them to him said they would only sell night sights to cops.

That is really weird. My kid bought his Glock 19 there, and had night sights put on by them when he bought the gun.

That is really weird. My kid bought his Glock 19 there, and had night sights put on by them when he bought the gun.

I found it quite strange too but who ever the guy was at the counter wouldn't sell them to him said they were a waste of money and designed for cops shooting up to 75yds maybe he was hitting a pipe that morning or they just didn't want the sale

The taurus I just picked up is weird to take down. Has a pin not a lever on it for take down. Not badto get out but not that easy either.

thats how mine is - love it, very easy...pull slide back half way and then pop the pin out...my pin comes out fairly easy though

• 4 months later...