Ten Things New Riders Do Completely Wrong

ReconRat

From Clutch & Chrome, this article about the new rider and bad choices.

Ten Things New Riders Do Completely Wrong <--click link

1. Giving in to peer pressure.

2. Riding beyond their limits.

3. Not reading the road.

4. Not following maintenance schedules.

5. Running out of gas.

6. Dehydration.

7. Riding into exhaustion.

8. Misjudging corners.

9. Not taking a motorcycle safety course.

10. Finding new things to do on a motorcycle.

Please notice that even an experienced rider error, will likely be on this list.

5. Running out of gas.

Please notice that even an experienced rider error, will likely be on this list.

True about experienced riders (ohdaho). Thinking that a battery is dead when your actually out of gas.

Edited by usafstud

I'm going to get me one of those stretched, lowered, chromed out gisxr 1000 cause everyone at taco bell has one!!

This explains so much, I was wondering why they had chrome speed bumps.

True about experienced riders (ohdaho). Thinking that a battery is dead when your actually out of gas.

Hahaha. Dick. I was out of gas. Heres the series of event that happened.

1. ran out of gas.

2. not realizing i was out of gas, tried to start bike too many times...which in turned drained an already weak batter.

3. realized i was out of gas...filled with gas.

4. bike would not start bc of #2.

5. Call usafstud and others to help tow bike back to house.

:D

Hahaha. Dick. I was out of gas. Heres the series of event that happened.

1. ran out of gas.

2. not realizing i was out of gas, tried to start bike too many times...which in turned drained an already weak batter.

3. realized i was out of gas...filled with gas.

4. bike would not start bc of #2.

5. Call usafstud and others to help tow bike back to house.

:D

the funniest part is that i asked you about having gas in the tank before heading out:facepalm:

dude, its all good. shit like this happens to everyone.

i'll tell one of my when we're having a drink

Edited by usafstud

14. Riding the first time of the year in the Spring without checking tire pressures.

Which is of course, the only time the tire pressure would be too low.

Don't look at me, I checked and corrected mine as needed.

Are we recounting our own learner growing pains? Like learning how to unload a bike from the bed of a pickup all alone and without a ramp? Learning that most bikes have a gear shift pattern that does not have neutral at the bottom? Finding out that motorcycle repair shops can smell inexperience and yes it smells like money. :)

Getting stranded on the side of the road because you unknowingly tripped the kill switch.

i can agree on that! i had one time my friends tripped the kill switch right as the light turned green.. i panicd cause it wouldnt start and ended up having to wheel the bike off the road into the parking lot.. i felt like such an idiot after i figured out that he hit it.

:brainfart:

I am not positive if that is your list or a actual list from a private company? But, personally I think under braking should be on there. But, I guess that kind of hits on riding beyond their limits.

How about getting a bike that is beyond their limits for a 1000, trebeck. :D I am sick and tired of hearing, I am getting a CBR600RR for my first bike. I will just pay attention and I can stay off of the throttle...

Really, you cant because you are that stupid for even saying that.... Oh it's irratating...