Skiing On A Motorcycle

jnor

I don't much care to have my feet out in front of me, i dont feel like i have much control. But i suppose its all personal preference

agree...i rode a sportster with forward controls and highway pegs and it just felt very unstable and very unsafe, i didnt like it at all

I have an extra set of pegs attached to the engine guards of my Volusia. I switch between the regular footpegs and the forward-mounted footpegs on long freeway trips to combat cramp/fatigue etc. (just like changing your seating position to combat numb-bum syndrome)

I only use those pegs when I'm alone on a straight freeway. Never when there are cars around, or in corners or any other time when I could need the foot controls.

I have never used them on my commute.

I had a V-Star for a year and sold it because the foot-forward riding position (even when not using the highway pegs) did not give me adequate control (and also because the bike was a dog). But it is a personal preference.