Picked up a new tow rig

max power

Tell that to the Marlboro Man. His 6.0 gets 9 mpg. Everyone I've asked that owns one with a 5.3 says to expect to average 15.

I got 15-17 with my 6.0. Only time I got under that was coming back from Cali.fully loaded truck (cab and bed) and a fully loaded 6x12 cargo trailer I averaged 7mpg.

I work at a dealership. Gimme your size and a general idea of what your looking for. There's the super cheap Chinese made stuff or if you want a good deal on good tires. i can get Goodyear stuff for pretty cheap.

I've got Yokohamas on both Yotas and like them so far. No el cheapos for the tow rig.

I can get you a deal at ntb canal or Trails west

Don't let the wife hear that, she's already talking about 35's and a big lift kit.

I'd prefer to keep it under $6-700. Stock tires are 265/70/16 I think.

Edited by max power

"upgrading" to larger tires can really eff with your hill-climbing ability with 2 bikes in an enclosed trailer.

my buddy Mike (Chevy Tahoe w/ the 5.3) and I had our bikes in his 6x12 enclosed (~1,300 trailer, ~1,000 bikes, ~400 lbs. generator, gas, cooler, etc., so under 3k total), and it STRUGGLED on some of the hills in Canada. I was surprised. the tach stayed around 5,000 RPM a lot longer than I would have expected.

Definitely something to consider before you install larger tires. If the truck isn't flinching now, then you're probably fine, but larger tires kill towing capacity.

Nice 'burban. Now you can quit stalking my X. :)

Yes this is all your fault. :D

After riding to IMS in that big bad mother humper I had to have 1. Add to that my fears of replacing a transmission in the 4Runner, and it just made sense.

just to give u an idea

goodyear wranger about $120 a piece

uniroyal laredo cross country $130 a piece

bfg all terain k/o $220 a piece

We dont have anything in yokohama but we do have stuff from hankook, continental, toyo, michelin, cooper, pirelli and so on but those are the three most popular tires for your truck. It's comparable to the prices they have on tire rack but without the shipping.

just to give u an idea

goodyear wranger about $120 a piece

uniroyal laredo cross country $130 a piece

bfg all terain k/o $220 a piece

We dont have anything in yokohama but we do have stuff from hankook, continental, toyo, michelin, cooper, pirelli and so on but those are the three most popular tires for your truck. It's comparable to the prices they have on tire rack but without the shipping.

How bout BFG Long Trail?

There is also a hankook I was going to look into.