Gander Mountain

Steve Butters

I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE EVER AGAIN!

Need some advice on what to do..

I dropped my shotgun off a month ago for warranty work. They told me ill have it back in two weeks....its been 4 weeks so i called and they told me that they didnt know whats up with it since they had to send it out to their other store with a gunsmith. Asked them when ill get it back and they gave me the number to call the other store....Call the other store and gave them the serial number and he says my gun has never been to that store! So now reynoldsburg says they sent it out, and the gunsmith says he never got it, so i just paid $350 for a shotgun that is somewhere in limbo

wtf do i do now? its been a month since ive had my gun and im getting really fuckin annoyed

Speak to the manager.

"Find my gun, now, or get one off the shelf for me to take home."

...wouldn't have happened at Vance's.

jus sayin' :D

If it was "warranty work", wouldn't it get sent to the manufacturer, not to a Gander smith?

Edited by jblosser

Speak to the manager.

"Find my gun, now, or get one off the shelf for me to take home."

...wouldn't have happened at Vance's.

jus sayin' :D

If it was "warranty work", wouldn't it get sent to the manufacturer, not to a Gander smith?

gander has a licensed remington gunsmith - so they fix them in-house....i even watched the guy write up the paperwork on it addressed to the other store - so somebody fucked up....i bet my damn is sitting in the reynoldsburg store still lost on some shelf or something

it wouldnt have happened if i bought a mossberg

I agree, talk to manager and let him know if he can not do anything then he needs to get someone on a conferance call that can!! Gander Mountain has some really stupid employees that have no business working in firearms but at the same time they are not a Mom and Pop shop so if you get past a manager into corporate they will make sure you are taken care of. If you are going to the one out East look for the Black manager... Please dont anyone take that as a racist comment... I dealt with him last year on a black powder that i purchased and out of everyone there he was the only one that seemed to be able to give me any answers. Good Luck!

thats what moose was asking me on FB, im not sure...i dont remember getting anything, but ill go look to make sure i dont have anything...its in their computer though because ive been calling for two weeks and they have been looking up the order by my last name

The older guy with the brown hair is an asshole!! that of course is my opinion but i tried dealing with him last year until i got so mad i asked for a manager and thats when i met the black guy... sorry wish i could remember his name instead of refurring to him as "the black guy"

its in their computer though because ive been calling for two weeks and they have been looking up the order by my last name

until they get tired of you calling and oops delete...

Gander Mountain was your first mistake. The gunsmith at the east store, is a slob, probably couldnt find a firing pin if you painted it red for him. I would never leave my stuff with those idiots. The only thing their "gunsmith" is good for, is for people who dont know any better. Should have taken it to Vance's. I hope you have some type of paperwork showing that you left your gun with them for repairs, otherwise you may get screwed.

Didn't they give you a claimcheck when you handed the gun over to them for the repair?

this. never give anyone anything without a receipt. You need to be able to prove you ever gave them the shotgun for them to feel any need to find it...

Bummer that you have this issue. Hopefully they will have sometype of shipping/tracking number. Even if they have an "in house" shuttle between the stores, your firearm should be in a log book of some sort.

See my signature line..

Remington has it....they said theyre working on it today....if only gander had told me that instead of making me call their other store and deal with them, this could have been avoided...apparently they don't service remington anymore and this store didn't get the memo

Remington has it....they said theyre working on it today....if only gander had told me that instead of making me call their other store and deal with them, this could have been avoided...apparently they don't service remington anymore and this store didn't get the memo

Glad you found it!

That would suck searching for a gun. I think I would have been just give me a new gun! :cool: