Aftermarket seats, Who has what?

SPDLR

Thought there would have been a Seat threat already but didnt see one in search.

Looking to upgrade my CBR mount. I realize probably any aftermarket seat you buy ought to be more comfortable but was wondering who has had what and what they thought. I had a Corbin years ago on my VFR and thought it was nice, but back then there werent too many other options. My Corbin was slippery i remember, do they make seats that stick a little better now? I love options. Thx

I got a Sargent for my 1kRR and it works pretty well. Its much better then the oem and does provide decent grip. After the first year, it did settle some and wasn't as supportive as originally....but still better then stock. I did a lot of research on this also back in the day and are happy with my purchase.

I have one of those AirHawk seats that fits over top of your factory seat, as does Hoblick and a couple other ppl. Definitely comfortable but add a noticeable amount to your seat height and not the most stable. A must have for long rides, but a must remove for rides down to Hocking or Deal's Gap.

I just had my OEM done by this guy. Great to work with and looks OEM. Much cheaper than the corbin too.

Haven't rode on it yet, but may be selling my slick as snot corbin once I get the supracore broke in. Don't like the corbin.

I just had my OEM done by this guy. Great to work with and looks OEM. Much cheaper than the corbin too.

Haven't rode on it yet, but may be selling my slick as snot corbin once I get the supracore broke in. Don't like the corbin.

Slick indeed!

Let me know how the new modded seat is? So from what I read he just adds or removed cushion to form you backside? is that how it feels? Im interested.

Was looking at the Honda energy seat too. Read some good reviews on that.

I have a Corbin on my VFR now, it's ok. It is quite better than the stock one, but nothing like the Sargent that i have sat on. it's just too stiff even though its well broken in.

Ya copy that, I had a Corbin on my VFR too. It was molded nice but hard and slick.

I have the greatday to ride seat on my 599. I like it. He puts in different materials to your specs. Nice and mushy and stays soft. My testicles were going numb before I sent it to him. He changed the contour. Looks exactly the same on the outside.

. My testicles were going numb before I sent it to him. He changed the contour. Looks exactly the same on the outside.

haha!! this happened to me yesterday on my way home from school! it sucks! kind of feels like your peeing your pants, so you keep looking down to see wtf! i'm for sure looking for different options.

Found it. Below is the important stuff from the thread. It was $90.00.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=58070&highlight=spencer

I'm going with this guy. It might be a bunch of copy and paste but he's good at copy and paste. Fast response to my email also. I'm getting the Fibercore. Now watch it be sunny the entire week he has my seat.

::

Thank you for your interest in my work.

For your CB600F Hornet the rider seating area can be reshaped internally for more rearward bias, with better support, and to help distribute your weight across the entire seat rather than concentrating it on the crowned center without effecting the nose shape so you will still have freedom of movement in the twisties and enhanced position and comfort. This angle correction will help allot with the slide to the tank.

The basic modification includes reshaping to your specific dimensions for better support and to correct the angle and shape to relieve pressure points and any specific problem areas that you may have. It includes a viscoelastic foam base material that is good for shorter distance pleasure riding and commuting. If you normally do ride any distance you have a seat that can accept the Supracor suspension included in the LD modification. This is a lightweight "honeycomb" like material that does not get hot in the sun, does not harden in cold weather, and will probably outlive the seat. It is used to form a suspension between the seat pan and reshaped seating area to provide more form fitting support, and better weight distribution for longer distance comfort. It also drastically reduces vibration in the seat, and dampens road shock without changing the seat height or effecting the shape modification. If you ride any real miles it is the better choice.

Pricing would be the standard minimum for a single piece seat of $50 for the actual work to the riders area, and a $25 material charge for Supracor.

A photo of you in riding position is helpful and appreciated, but not an absolute necessity. Each seat is set up specifically for the rider so any additional information you think I may need regarding your position, type of riding, any medical concerns you may have should be listed in the special instructions area on the order form. When you think you have given me too much information, just a little more should be about right.

Please ship at your convenience, all that I ask is that you drop me note when you do so that I can properly set my schedule. My current turnaround with the spring rush is 48 hours so your only real downtime will be in shipping. If you visit my web site you can find the order form as well as my FAQ page which contains more information regarding shipping, payment, and a bunch (probably too much) general information. Contact me any time if you have questions.

Thanks again and ride safe, Spencer

www.GreatDayToRide.com

Now offering Amsoil, Mothers, and Brite Side products.

Slick indeed!

Let me know how the new modded seat is? So from what I read he just adds or removed cushion to form you backside? is that how it feels? Im interested.

Was looking at the Honda energy seat too. Read some good reviews on that.

He sent me the same letter that Gump got, but he explains it pretty well. I was feeling the seatpan after 1/2 hr. before with the OEM seat. It feels good, but I will give a full report after I get some seat time.

Before spending alot of money on a seat try searching the internet for seat mods that people have done. I found a link and modded my R1 seat myself. It turned it form a 50 mile seat to where I made 1500 mile two and three day trips on it. The least you will be out is a little effort and A seat you dont like and want to replace anyways. Here is a link that is similar to the one I did Ill tell you it was the best thing I ever did to that bike

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272915

i purchased foam from sargent and had a local upholster redo mine on my superhawk...they had a bunch of different covering selections. all in i had $100 and it looks/feels awesome, much cheaper then an off the shelf aftermarket seat.

I am using the Saddleman "Track" Gel seat, the one with the channel down the middle of the pad. With the stock seat after about 30 minutes by backside would start to complain. I have ridden as long as 3 hours with very little discomfort using the Saddleman seat. The seating area is made from a high grip vinyl which was another reason why I got it as I would slide back when I twisted the right grip kinda hard. That has disappeared as well.

• 2 months later...
I have one of those AirHawk seats that fits over top of your factory seat, as does Hoblick and a couple other ppl. Definitely comfortable but add a noticeable amount to your seat height and not the most stable. A must have for long rides, but a must remove for rides down to Hocking or Deal's Gap.

I just got one of these for my girl and having it on the pillon seat we cant seem to get it adjusted right. any recommendations. we are planning another trip down to the gap and we tend to do long days and a couple hundred miles a day is hard on her, which in turn makes it tough for me.