Tips to increase MPG?

max power

The $50k pricetag negates the good mpg. Nice truck though.

He didnt pay close to that, got it used this past Spring from a guy down in Arkansas. The truck only had 42k on it, that engine is not even broken in yet.

This is a good sign. 132.8 miles and 17.3mpg on this tank since I added the oil. I've never gotten this good except going a long distance on the freeway and I got 17.6mpg that time. This has been my typical country roads, small city driving. I'm quite consistent with my driving habits. With my typical driving, at 132 miles I'm pretty set at about 16.2mpg, never had 17+ so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I hope I see this number when I fill up.

post-10969-0-64588700-1374631115_thumb.j

I talked to a guy this weekend who has a 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 6.0 who swears he is getting 21mpg with a Bullydog tuner.

Anyone ever try one on a gas truck?

Joel

This is a good sign. 132.8 miles and 17.3mpg on this tank since I added the oil. I've never gotten this good except going a long distance on the freeway and I got 17.6mpg that time. This has been my typical country roads, small city driving. I'm quite consistent with my driving habits. With my typical driving, at 132 miles I'm pretty set at about 16.2mpg, never had 17+ so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I hope I see this number when I fill up.

Wow and they OP i read said not to expect much till after the 1st 2 full tanks. Keep up posted!

you bought 8 plugs at $7 each? $7x8= $56

but have only have $55 in plugs & wires? :wtf:

Are sure your math is right calculating fuel mileage????

I have a 2004 Suburban LT autoride AWD that gets 14.6 city 19.8 highway

my mods/upkeep

trans:

flush & filter

corvette servo

.490 boost valve

forward pinless connector

new u-joints

motor:

plugs & MSD 8.8 wires

removed the coolant/heater hose from the throttle body

coolant flush/t-stat

under body:

front & rear diffs gear oil replaced every 70K

I also make sure the tires are properly inflated

a/c condensor is kept clean

elect. fan coming soon from a 06 suburban

& possibly headers

About the same as my 07 4.7L Jeep Commander AWD. I pull 14 city and 20 hwy. Hell, I got 18.5 pulling my boat to SC and back. And I have a 2 inch lift. Keep up on regular maintenance and it will pay you back.

I keep my truck very well maintained, but it has very tall gears.

I need to research this plug thing. I just changed to plugs/wires, but I think I installed platinum or something exotic that I was told it called for. I need to pull one and check.

I keep my truck very well maintained, but it has very tall gears.

I need to research this plug thing. I just changed to plugs/wires, but I think I installed platinum or something exotic that I was told it called for. I need to pull one and check.

Seriously check into using copper plugs that are a step colder. I promise it will help.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251453

whilst stumbling around for bike plugs heres something I found while searching

this echo's other stuff I've found, when it boils down to hardcore testing...air filters, plugs wires, oil changes, tire pressures...all the stuff you've known since you first twisted the key is going to be pretty much..."it" 

often the money spent on voodoo, even if you get a gain, doesn't offset the cost of said voodoo

basically....

Conclusion : "Designer" Spark Plugs.

If you've never changed your spark plugs, putting almost any brand of new plug in your engine will yield some change to your vehicle's characteristics

Read more: http://www.carbibles.com/productreviews_pulstar.html#ixzz2a9dybF5w

• Upvote 1