Automotive vs Motorcycle Tune Pricing.

DTM Brian

It has been brought to my attention that a few of you had sticker shock when looking at my pricing to tune automobiles. Although I am not the cheapest I can tell you I am far from the most expensive.

Depending on the type of vehicle and what is need you can expect to pay anywhere from $400.00 to $600.00 for a custom tune for a car/truck. Pricing depends on the level of modifications to the vehicle and what hardware/licensing is needed to do the tune. I have seen tunes go for as much as $1,000.00 for highly modified vehicles with are in need of extremely custom work on the dyno. A good automotive tuner can tune bikes. This does not mean a good bike tuner can tune automobiles.

I have been told time and time again by people who are car tuning smart that I am way to cheap on my bike tunes. I my reply is I have about 1/10th the cost in equipment needed to tune a bike versus a car. The other reason is amount of skill that is need to tune car versus a bike.

So instead of charging $400.00 to $600.00 for a bike tune I am keeping the tuning rates at $200.00 for PC's and Bazzaz. For that $200.00 you get a custom map taylored to your motorcycle for all RPM and throttle positions where other places will just tune the bike at WOT and send you out with a dyno sheet. If someone else is charging $100.00 to $150.00 to tune a bike chances are they are not giving you the same quality map that I am.

I give every $200.00 bike tune the same effort and quality work as a $500.00 car tune. If you feel the need to go down the street because someone is doing it for $50.00 to $100.00 less then I encourage you to do so. I have plenty of automotive tunes and those with bikes who know what kind of job I do with custom maps. Please remember you get what you pay for.

:D:D:D

• Upvote 1

I heaar ya on this. I do custom tuning for GM Small cars, mainly the Cobalt SS and Ion Redlines. I do it as a hobby on the side, taking up much of my free time over the last few years. People would bitch about paying $250. And most of the time, $100 went to credits from HPTuners. Cobalt owners are cheapskates... Yes, I have one tho lol. Dyno time is where it got pricey tho as most of the tunes were street only because of them being cheap.

I heaar ya on this. I do custom tuning for GM Small cars, mainly the Cobalt SS and Ion Redlines. I do it as a hobby on the side, taking up much of my free time over the last few years. People would bitch about paying $250. And most of the time, $100 went to credits from HPTuners. Cobalt owners are cheapskates... Yes, I have one tho lol. Dyno time is where it got pricey tho as most of the tunes were street only because of them being cheap.

I do a number of cobalts and 3800's. I find it funny they are willing to spend so much money on parts to modify then they do not want to pay for a good tune.

I do a number of cobalts and 3800's. I find it funny they are willing to spend so much money on parts to modify then they do not want to pay for a good tune.

i saw that a lot within a lot of the car groups.. it was really bad in the RX-8 forum. a car that with a libral application of turbo's no one wanted to spend the money to tune it. hell i had mine with a Cobb tune on it and i never have more than full exhuast and intake lol

i dont remember if i talked to you or brady at PPC about my truck, so sorry if im asking this twice lol, its been awhile......can you tune diesels? if so, what kind of mpg improvement could i expect out of a 7.3? dont care about making more power....straight pipe truck with 6637 intake mod

^^^ lol. IF he even has access to what you need to tune your Mercedes, it is going to be WAY more than $100. Brian is a very skilled tuner on many platforms. His $200 is well earned, I just wish he had an AWD dyno I could borrow!

^^^ lol. IF he even has access to what you need to tune your Mercedes, it is going to be WAY more than $100. Brian is a very skilled tuner on many platforms. His $200 is well earned, I just wish he had an AWD dyno I could borrow!

Pure-Tuning in Toledo

Aarom Byram runs a tight ship

(and he's a racer with NASA)

I need to make a decision here in the very near future. Either purchase my own building or an AWD dyno..

As far as Mercedes Pricing I have heard of pcm flashes any where from $1,000.00 to $2,500.00. I am sure you can find it for less then a grand. MHP here in Columbus brings me a number of Mercedes including E55's. 30-40 rwhp with just a tune.

You should have picked my brain at the dyno day during my down time.

Yeah I was bouncing around talking with evetalkingnd totally forgot till I got half way home and thought about it.

Edited by kawi kid

I need to make a decision here in the very near future. Either purchase my own building or an AWD dyno..

As far as Mercedes Pricing I have heard of pcm flashes any where from $1,000.00 to $2,500.00. I am sure you can find it for less then a grand. MHP here in Columbus brings me a number of Mercedes including E55's. 30-40 rwhp with just a tune.

who does the tuning? do they rent your dyno?

Edited by shittygsxr