Next Bike opinions???????

ZIXXER9R

So I was supposed to move to vegas this year and well thats not happening. I am now in the market for a new bike(new to me at least).

Here are my stats.

6'3" 220lbs been riding for 8 years everything from a 250r-tl1000s

Riding style: aggresive but not stupid, group rides, solo exploration

so here is what i am considering

2007 R6

2006 R1

2006 GSXR 750

2006 zx10

2005 cbr 600rr

all have between 5000-8000 miles all in the $5000-$7000 Price range.

My bikes have all been mid to late 90's models and I'm not so up to date on newer sportbikes. just wondering with my size and riding style what do you guys and gals think will be the best choice?

Edited by ZIXXER9R

None of those bikes are going to be very comfortable for anything but "aggressive" riding.

Cross the R6 off the list right away. It's a bad street bike to begin with, and your size will make it worse.

Strangely enough, of those you listed the least terrible choices for your stated purpose are probably the older R1 and ZX10.

My opinion is worth exactly shit, but I would take a '04 - '05 ZX10 over the '06 - '07 model anyday. But all those bikes are good for the same thing, some just do it faster than the others.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I sold my 2005 GSXR 600 with 6,000 miles for $4,200. So, I hope that CBR is on the low end of your price spectrum and has some nice parts to go with it.

Edited by Goldie

the r6 so far is the most uncomfortable from sitting on them( I have problems on long rides with my hips cramping). I would buy another zx9 but really want a fuel injected bike. yes the ones I am looking at all have aftermarket parts on them hence the price range. I have been leaning toward the R1 or ZX10 mainly do to the fact that I am fat and dont feel like raping a 600 to get going, plus I really miss the feel of my zx9 and a 600 even a newer one wont compare. I have also been considering the triumph 955i but don't know anything about them. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions guys. I have ridden a R1 to columbus and back in one day and it was not uncomfortable. I have a long torso and long arms so anything I am on I can ride up-right for the most part.

I'm 6'4", seriously take a look at the above mentioned bikes. There not the fastest or most powerfull bikes on the road but you get comfort without the chrome. :) Dual sport bikes are in general more comfortable for tall riders.

DO NOT pay over 5k for an 05 600RR unless its brand new with every mod you could ever want.

I forget who on here, but they have a nice 05-06 600rr for sale with worthwhile mods for under 5k. Of all those my choice would be the 600RR then the GSXR 750 with the zx10 coming in 3rd for street usage. I absolutely LOVE R6's but from everything I've heard they are by far the most uncomfortable but I've yet to actually ride one

None of those bikes are best for your size and riding style. I've had supersports and I'm not a fan of them for street riding. I love them on a track, but overkill and extremely uncomfy for the street. In my opinion with your experience I'd go zx14 or Busa if you are in for a sportbike. If you think they can't rail on the street that just means you haven't occurred the skill to do it in those 8 years. ;) Good-luck! :cheers:

I would pick the R1 of that group. The ZX10 was a horrible and ill handling beast back then.

I agree with Nick. If mainly sport touring, look at a Busa or ZX14. I think you'd be happier in the long run and they are very well suited for street riding at a spirited pace.

In that price range, it might be tough though... Nick can probably direct you better on that as I am not aware of what those should be priced at.

Another consideration might be the FZ1 or something like a naked sport bike. Again, more sport tour and more ergo friendly. But, still has a solid performing motor...

6'3" 220lbs been riding for 8 years everything from a 250r-tl1000s

Riding style: aggresive but not stupid, group rides, solo exploration

just wondering with my size and riding style what do you guys and gals think will be the best choice?

VFR 5th gen possibly a 6th gen

buy a ducati 748

ride mine and you'll see why you d want one. Sure it only makes a hair under 100hp but it s got TORQUE! torque is king on the street

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2324646236.html

this is not my bike in that ad but oddly enough it s the same color, location, model year and model.....

buy a ducati 748

ride mine and you'll see why you d want one. Sure it only makes a hair under 100hp but it s got TORQUE! torque is king on the street

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2324646236.html

this is not my bike in that ad but oddly enough it s the same color, location, model year and model.....

The 14 and Busa have torque too. I got 103.7 tq on the dyno.

I am 6'3'' and the GSXR and the R1 fit me better than any of the other sport bike. I would imagine most liter bikes or bigger would be fine for a tall rider though. Sit on them and and pick what you want since your the one thats riding it. Definitely scratch the R6 off the list, you have to be 5'5'' to fit on that thing :)

I do think the FZ1 suggestion is a very good one as well. I heart my VFR, I'm only 5'10" but at 230 its got plenty of oomph to get my fat ass around with the quickness. Its also ridiculously comfortable for long distance or getting around town along with excellent gas mileage

I'm 6'4" 230 and I'm fine with my CBR at about 4 hours. After that my knees, hips, and back start hurting. It's nothing to bad but achy from being in same position for a long time. I am trolling now for bikes that will fit me better. Looking mainly at vfr and SV's.

I'm 6'4" 230 and I'm fine with my CBR at about 4 hours. After that my knees, hips, and back start hurting. It's nothing to bad but achy from being in same position for a long time. I am trolling now for bikes that will fit me better. Looking mainly at vfr and SV's.

I saw a pretty nice 6th gen VFR listed on ebay in columbus, think it was red. I love my VFR lots now and its super comfortable, especially with the helibars. There is also a cheap way to lower the pegs an inch or so for taller individuals like yourself.

I have to say that the Fz1 may be the best all around bike ever made, it has plenty of power, handles good, and you can do long distance touring with it. They sell from 3000-8000 depending on year and miles. Or if you want more power and comfort you could always get an Fjr1300

955i's are pretty heavy and little things like a very long throttle pull can get annoying. They are great for distance and touring though.

Sit on a 14 and a busa, you may be surprised how comfortable they are. They can definitely corner, just harder to flick due too weight.