Ready to Drag Your Knee at Mid-Ohio?

MidOhio-PTR

The Mid-Ohio School kicks off its Performance Track Riding season this weekend with three days of riding. Standard Days are running Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24, followed by the first KTM Race_Orange Fly and Ride program on Monday, April 25. Registration opens at 12 noon on Saturday and Sunday. We'll roll on track at 2 p.m. and ride 'till dusk.

New for 2011, we're happy to reward our most loyal customers with huge benefits as part of our Frequent Rider Program:

It's easy...ride four or more days in 2011 and reap the rewards. Those who ride four days will be protected from whatever keeps you from the fun. Write us back, up to 72 hours after the event and let us know when you'd like to come back...no questions asked.

Ride seven days and be protected on two days, PLUS come ride with us in a free session during the Honda Super Cycle Weekend presented by Dunlop Tire.

Those who ride 10+ days get the same benefits as above, with the opportunity to ride for free in 2012!*

We'll see you at the track this weekend!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm moving up that way this summer... Haven't had a chance to do a track day yet but, I am desperately wanting to. How much does a track day up there run? And, do they give military discounts???

$195/day at Mid Ohio, if not more.

They probably have some kind of military discount, but it might not be advertised.

All the major trackday orgs have military discounts btw. I believe it either involves free membership, or some kind of extended membership so you don't have to buy a 1 yr membership when you know you're going to be deployed in 2 months.

I was thrashing to get ready for Saturday and pretty much failed. Still possible for Sunday, but watching the weather.

If anyone plans to completely bail on a Sunday spot due to weather let me know - I have something I'd like to shake down regardless of conditions.

I'm moving up that way this summer... Haven't had a chance to do a track day yet but, I am desperately wanting to. How much does a track day up there run? And, do they give military discounts???

Our standard track days run at $195, max-time twilights are $150 and our max-time full day program is $205.

There is no membership cost to run our track and since you are a member of this forum you are eligible for $10 off all 3 formats using code FORUM2011 and listing your username and forum in the order notes.

FYI i used the code Forum2010 with my SN and forum name last year and my wifes SN and forum Name on the 4 days we both did last year and neither of us saw a discount or return.. kinda disapointed by that

(though it didn't stop us from coming back 3 more times/ and we will deff be there many times this year)

FYI i used the code Forum2010 with my SN and forum name last year and my wifes SN and forum Name on the 4 days we both did last year and neither of us saw a discount or return.. kinda disapointed by that

(though it didn't stop us from coming back 3 more times/ and we will deff be there many times this year)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced last year, the discount code for this year's member discount is FORUM2011.

Not a bad day overall. The weather started to get crappy, but cleared up pretty good. Track surface was a little cold, but I'll take that over a wet Mid Ohio surface any day. I did see that someone was out there taking pictures. Does anyone know if someone is selling those photos?

Thanks for the tip on the discount! r1crusher and I are headed down for the June 6th day. Can't wait to get back on there! Ran MidOH back in 2007 with STT (Novice) in and out of thunderstorms. Hopefully we'll have better weather this year.

Not a bad day overall. The weather started to get crappy, but cleared up pretty good. Track surface was a little cold, but I'll take that over a wet Mid Ohio surface any day. I did see that someone was out there taking pictures. Does anyone know if someone is selling those photos?

That was me! I was out taking photos of you guys since I still wanted to be there even though I didn't have a bike ready. I'll start uploading photos to my SmugMug tonight when I get back to CBus. Here's the link: http://m5racing.smugmug.com/

I have a few of the photos in Canon RAW format; if you're interested please let me know!

David

That was me! I was out taking photos of you guys since I still wanted to be there even though I didn't have a bike ready. I'll start uploading photos to my SmugMug tonight when I get back to CBus. Here's the link: http://m5racing.smugmug.com/

I have a few of the photos in Canon RAW format; if you're interested please let me know!

David

Alright great. If you have any photos of a black\white GSXR with yellow number plates, that's me. I'll check them out later and let you know.