How did I miss this!?

Casper

Whitespace is a term being used in many different areas. The simplest way to think about it is "an area to target, market, use, etc. where nothing is currently going on but should be or can be used. We do analysis at work with all of our clients to determine what type of work we are doing at different types of clients and then the whitespace shows us where we should be discussing opportunities with clients.

Whitespace is a term being used in many different areas. The simplest way to think about it is "an area to target, market, use, etc. where nothing is currently going on but should be or can be used. We do analysis at work with all of our clients to determine what type of work we are doing at different types of clients and then the whitespace shows us where we should be discussing opportunities with clients.

This is referring to white space in frequencies that can be used for super wifi.

It's the space in the UHF band between television stations. Now that TV went digital, there's a lot more white space.

Thanks you 2. Yeah, I had an idea, but I wanted to know the true definition like you guys just told me.

Its the opposite of BLACK space' date=' silly.[/quote']

:lol:

In simpler terms, in any given area not all available TV channels are used. So these channels could be used for other uses.

This happens because a TV channel is a large high power broadcaster. So to prevent 2 TV stations on the same channel from interfering they have to have to be separated by a considerable distance. Leaving some areas that can't pick up either station. In addition some locations may have many stations just unused because there is not sufficient market.

Craig

In simpler terms, in any given area not all available TV channels are used. So these channels could be used for other uses.

This happens because a TV channel is a large high power broadcaster. So to prevent 2 TV stations on the same channel from interfering they have to have to be separated by a considerable distance. Leaving some areas that can't pick up either station. In addition some locations may have many stations just unused because there is not sufficient market.

Craig

Like rural areas, where this could most widely be implemented and definitely be benefited from.

I find the use of "white space" to be pejorative. It indicates that people somehow think Caucasians are vapid or don't have the same value as the other color spaces, and this sickitates me.

I demand reparations. Where's David Duke to speak out on this outrage?

WE WILL OVERCOME!

Carry on.