Parking ticket question...

Cdubyah

Looking for some knowledge on a parking ticket violation the girlfriend got parking in German Village.

She was cited for parking within 30 feet of a stop sign. Which I see is a violation of Columbus parking laws.

2151.01 - Parking prohibitions in specified places.

(g)Within thirty (30) feet of, and upon the approach to, any flashing beacon, stop sign or traffic control device;

http://library.municode.com/HTML/16219/level2/TIT21TRCO_CH2150PAVI.html#TIT21TRCO_CH2150PAVI_2150.09PATIAD

Now here is my question.

She parked on the rear side of the sign. Not approaching it. With the flow of traffic, on a one lane street.

Also the code that I cited isn't listed on her ticket. Just says "30ft stop sign".

Is that still a parking violation?

Thanks

parking in german village is a mistake anytime of day and anywhere you do it.... they find reasons to ticket people that don't have those fancy stickers that say you belong... sucks but next time lemme know when you are down this way and you can park in my place... won't cost you extra...

Given the verbiage you posted:

"Within thirty (30) feet of, and upon the approach to" both circumstances would have to be met, and in your case, they weren't.

I'd snap a photo with the car on the other side of the stop sign and bring it into court with you, just in case you need evidence. Of course, assuming the meter maid shows up, they're just going to testify you were within the 30ft (without having to provide evidence thereof)... and on the approach.

1) Read statute

2) Show photo

3) ????

4) Profit by being not-guilty

you only have 10 days to contest the ticket, so get on it.

i dont think you go to "court" though. i think its just a room at the impound lot.

parking in german village is a mistake anytime of day and anywhere you do it....

no, you just need to know how read a sign.

ive lived there for almost 9 years, and can count on one hand the number of parking tickets ive had. i dont have any sticker either.

Parking tickets don't follow the same rules as "court cases"... in the end the magistrate or ticket counter lady will have the final say and bringing a copy of the statute and saying "she was parked on the OTHER SIDE and the statute says UPON AND..."

The person in charge is just going to say, it means within 30 feet, pay up sucka.

Then you can sue the municipality and try to prove your case.....

either way let us know what happens, I'll be interested.

Don't take much advice from JRM.... JRM why don't you tell them about the last time you "did all your research" and "fought the law" :D

yeah you should never just up and pay. at least make them work for it.

Parking tickets aren't worth the effort to argue, I always just pay up.

I'm usually at fault and I know it :D, most of mine are expired meter tickets.

So here is the update, some of my previous information was incorrect.

She was ticketed on the corner of Jackson and Mohawk, parked on Jackson.

Jackson is a two way street. There are two stop signs that face one direction.

picture.php?albumid=869&pictureid=13721

This is the street view from google. She was ticketed parked where the grey volvo is in this picture.

So here is the update, some of my previous information was incorrect.

She was ticketed on the corner of Jackson and Mohawk, parked on Jackson.

Jackson is a two way street. There are two stop signs that face one direction.

This is the street view from google. She was ticketed parked where the grey volvo is in this picture.

Thats just silly that there are two signs like that, even if that sign wasn't there,

there might still be an issue with how close it is to the intersection :dunno:

It would have been funny if there was a parking ticket on the volvo in the pic :p

even if they dont get her for the stop sign, they will get her for parking too close to the intersection. that one is a crapshoot, beacuse EVERYONE parks like that down here.

i had a ticket like that before and i wanted to throttle the metermaid, because there was a car at each corner of the intersection, all parked like i was, right at the corner, yet i was the only one to get a ticket... maybe she was running late or something.

then there was the guy who tried to give me a ticket for expired meter at 8:30pm when the meter turned off at 8.

meter readers = too dumb to pass the test to become a cop lol

She works on the north side of I70, and parks there because there is no cost. Except when she gets ticketed for shit like that.

Funny thing, all of the cars should have been ticketed, because it's about 40 to 50 feet between the streets.