Michelin Pilot power Vs 2ct

Carwhore

I'm getting a new rear tire put on the bike tonight and want to know if you guys have any personal experience with these tires.

I know my brother runs the regular pilot powers on his bike and does him well, the 2ct are a multi-compound tire.

2ct is more of a performance tire.. If its just a street tire, pilot power will be a GREAT pick.. If you want to do trackdays get the power one 2ct.

I have the opposite opinion. The soft edge of the 2CT seems to get shredded quick if you're on it all the time. Would make for a nice margin of safety on the street.

Think most 2ct tire compounds are softer than typical 1ct's but the centers are a little harder than a 1ct for longevity? I got Dunplop Roadsmarts 2ct trying to get more life out of the rear, I do corner some but not enough to shred 'em up yet - usually the centers go on the back of mine - I lika twista da gassa!

I have the opposite opinion. The soft edge of the 2CT seems to get shredded quick if you're on it all the time. Would make for a nice margin of safety on the street.

power one 2ct is a great street tire, but you won't get NEAR the mileage out of it you would a pilot power

for street, get pilot road 2. You'd have to try rrreaally hard to out ride those.

yea I'm with the asian sensation, getting some for the VFR at some point this year is a must

Up until this year I have ran the pilot power rear on the track with a 2CT front. Never had any issues and they held up really well. I had about 12 days coaching novice and 10 days in I group plus I had 2 races on them. There is still tred left on the edges but they have been pulled for street duty.

tires are one of the things i will not go cheap on.. i might get them cheap but won't trust cheap tires. i recommend any of the 2cts, roads or pp... both good. I've got the pp 2cts now.