Christian Sport Bike Assoc May 21st Ride

JCMathis

I'll prolly pick up your route on 60S at Killbuck, and pass you somewhere on 79.

How big of a group should I be looking for? Any idea what the lead bike will be?

How are you getting to 60, and what time do you plan on leaving?

71S>83S>62W>60S

I plan to be to Killbuck by 9:30...which means I need to pick up 83 in Lodi by 8:30...so I'll need to roll out by 7:45.

hmmm, if it's warm enough I could meet you in Lodi. Let me check the hourly temps and get back to ya.

Looks like it's gonna be right at 60 around 7:30-8. That is right at the limit of where I can ride before I turn into a smurf.

I need to get the oil changed in my bike before now and then..first ride of the season for me. And no, I'm not running crisco.

It's Wesson.

Man up, you are a strong people always fighting adversity. The weather is no different. :)

We aren't so hot when it comes to cold weather. No pun intended.

In all seriousness, I've developed a 'side effect' two years ago, and my body over reacts to cold temps. It's not just being uncomfortable...the fingers and toes go numb. It becomes a safety issue. I rode once like that and I'll never do it again.

For all of the Northeast riders who are interested I will be leaving from the intersection of 82 & 83 at 10:00 sharp. To meet this group at Roscoe Village for lunch and to continue the ride with them until they cross Newark at route 79, at that point we will head home.

We may see this group along 83 because both groups will be getting to Roscoe Village about 11:30 to 12:00. If there is much interest in riding along with me to join the CSBA group I will start another thread for the Northeast guys who are interested if it becomes confusing to organize here.

For everyone who have wanted to ride with this group this is a great opportunity because they vary their routes and this might be our only chance to get together with them. I trailered down to their start point last year, rode the ride and trailered back home, both trips I was driving in the dark at some point. This is a good group and fun to ride with. JCMathis leads at a pace similar to mine for a reference to the riders who have ridden with me. This will be their ride once we make contact with them.

For all of the Northeast riders who are interested I will be leaving from the intersection of 82 & 83 at 10:00 sharp. To meet this group at Roscoe Village for lunch and to continue the ride with them until they cross Newark at route 79, at that point we will head home.]

I would join ya, but leaving at 10 and then eating two hours later doesn't sound like much fun. Having said that, if it's too cold at 8am for me, I'll see you at 10. :)

leaving at 10 and then eating two hours later doesn't sound like much fun.

Normally I would agree with you but this will be my first time out on a motorcycle this year so a break might be just what I need for my finger.

I asked JCMathis to reverse his route so us Northeast guys could join in and not have to turn around and ride the road we came down on. Meeting them at their lunch stop is way more certain than trying to meet them along their flying route it gives both groups a larger window for circumstances beyond their control to make up time.

I just called the Lock to let them know we would have about 20 showing up around 11:30 for lunch. Maybe they will be more prepared for us now that they have been warned.