Why no motorcycle endorsement?

sporttour

You can ride with temps. If you own a bike, you can insure it. I'm pretty sure you can insure whatever you want as long as you own it or sort of own it.

LOL wut?

In future world, you can maintain insurance on items you don't necessarily "own" like houses, cars, etc. but if your a nub to life, its hard to understand basic concepts like those. There, there... Itll be ok.

...as long as you own it or sort of own it.
LOL wut?

own it or making payments...? That's my guess. ***EDIT*** Jinu explained it, sorta... :D

The "road skills test" is eminently easy. Not really a "test" of "skills" at all.

The written part you have to pass in order to get your temps is harder. How the hell am I supposed to know if a pickup dragging a camping trailer has to stop at RR tracks, and what does it matter in regards to a motorcycle endorsement? :wtf:

• Upvote 1

Why is it some people ride without a motorcycle endorsement? The cost is minimal and so is the skills test. Can you get motorcycle liability insurance if you lack the endorsement?

Top two reasons I've heard.

1. Don't have time to go take the test.

2. Didn't get signed up for the MSF class early enough and now they're all full.

Realistically it's just being lazy. ;)

People think they are good enough and that it is not worth their time to just go do it.

Story for you. I rode for the past 3 years without one. I had no issues with getting it (back) but it was the principal. Carried insurance on the bikes and all and no one ever asked a question. When I got my DSL endorsement the lady goofed my license up. I did not catch it until I got a new bike 2 years later. When I tried to get it back they said all records were gone and that they could not do anything about it. Pissed me off so I said F it. Up until last year when allstate finally said something about it. But they had a record of my old license, so all and all it would have ended in a court battle. They offered me a 20% discount on my entire bill to go get it back. So I did. Then dropped their insurance 6 months later.

the reason i didnt get my endorsment right away was because i heard it was really hard, almost impossible unless your on a tiny bike. I heard something like you had to do a figure 8 in like 12 feet? something crazy anyway, but i took it cus my friend was there and they had an opening so i figured i would try. and yea i passed with ease.

Either way does not seem to bad. I got mine by doing the MSF and passing. My Dad just by practiced in a parking lot a couple times and went down to the BMV and passed with ease. If you've been riding a while, I doubt you'd even need to practice for the BMV test. It took more study just to get the written temp license and with the new computer based test, that wasn't too bad either.

Isn't the test itself free? You only pay the $23 if you pass and get a new license showing your endorsement.

The computer testing was the difficult part the in class time sucked cause it was four hours but totally worth it the next two days on the bikes. I'd do it over over again minus the in class videos.

it was four hours but totally worth it the next two days on the bikes. I'd do it over over again minus the in class videos.

I think that's the MSF advance rider course. Mostly the riding skills stuff without all the classroom. I think you can use that too for riders who have a temp. They can pass the class and get their endorsement that way. I like that you can use your own bike for that class.

Testing was easy back when I took the endorsement ride -- I was first in line on a YZF1000 then, and a younger guy on a CBR6 behind me, the rest were little cruisers and scooters.......when we lined up for the cone slalom, the course was so tight that I was standing on the pegs dropping my bike side to side and made it to the last few cones before hitting any -- 3 point deduction........young guy behind me just took off and ran straight through the course without trying -- 3 point deduction.....WTF?!?!?!

Instructor said that's the most you get docked for not passing the slalom.......I thought "Hell, why didn't I read up first instead of just showing up and taking the test?"

Needless to say, they've taken that option away from the slalom and now you HAVE to at least try or it's an instant fail.

I'm pretty sure you can insure whatever you want as long as you own it or sort of own it.

You can insure a bike without having a license for scenarios where a parent owns the bike, but their 16 yr old rides it. Or if my wife technically "owned" my bike and I was the only one riding it.

As for why people don't get their endorsement, I assume it's mostly laziness. It's a bit of a hassle, but not expensive or difficult. My cousin had bikes for years and never got his endorsement. He's also an LEO, so it's unlikely he'd get hassled about it, but other people feel a temps is "good enough."

The skills test must be taken as part of the BRC or taken at the BMV. The ERC is not an option.

Yep, my bad, I was thinking of the BRC-RR (returning rider) but it also uses class provided bikes.

I think that's the MSF advance rider course. Mostly the riding skills stuff without all the classroom. I think you can use that too for riders who have a temp. They can pass the class and get their endorsement that way. I like that you can use your own bike for that class.

Lol the instructor shit bricks when i showed up on the blackbird. He said why are you taking it on this ? I said cause my other bike is a 6 cylinder :p

I've been riding since I was of age, buy always in Indiana, and always w/o endorsement. iirc I had to take an abate class or go to one of their facilities to do the road test. Never found one close

Or not full. Plus I just didn't prioritize it. Moved to Ohio 2 years ago and found out I could test at BMV. Got my endorsement last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lots of people passed their motorcycle endorsement test on bikes than handle way worse than a hayabusa or a blackbird.

the test has been around a long time, and old bikes handle like shit!

When I was taking my test, a guy on a fucking scooter made us all look like clowns, but a giant black man on an equally giant Honda Shadow aced his test too.

I was chatting with him before my test, and he said he had failed once, then come back and practiced the course after hours. He did better on his big ass cruiser than I did on my EX500 (I missed a cone on the slalom).