Yuengling Eyes Ohio

Mykill

http://www.beeryard.com/news/default.cfm?action=view&id=1526

May 04, 2011 - Yuengling Eyes Ohio

D. G. Yuengling Brewing is in the "infancy stages" of conducting due diligence on expansion into the state of Ohio, a brewery spokesperson has confirmed to Craft Business Daily, an industry newsletter. "Unless something drastic occurs," he said, a formal announcement is expected in the next few months.

CBD first reported the possible move on Monday, using information from the brewery's own Twitter account. The newsletter says that an expansion project at the Mill Creek Brewery in Pottsville has been completed and gives them the capacity to expand beyond the existing 13 states and DC. --JACK CURTIN

About time. Fingers crossed it happens sooner than later.

Edited by Mykill

Oh man. I hope they don't. I'll gain another forty pounds in the first month, and get even less done than I already do. I'll have to sell the bikes because I won't be able to ride. "Sorry, just had a beer".

If they bring it, will it take some of the "want watcha can't have" stigma away for any of you? I associate Yuengling with good times, vacation, and road trips. Don't get me wrong, I think its a great beer (just found out about the porter a month ago).

i like Yuengling and all, but I don't understand why people are so obsessed with it. It will be nice to have it as an option, but I don't think I'll buy it religiously or anything.

I drink it when I'm in PA, but I don't miss it when I'm not... Perhaps I just spend too much time at the Great Lakes Brewery. I'm there about 3 times a month. I didn't think I purchased it in bottles very often, but a quick inventory of my home-brew bottles suggests otherwise... 200+ great lakes bottles collected in less than a year :-/

i like Yuengling and all, but I don't understand why people are so obsessed with it. It will be nice to have it as an option, but I don't think I'll buy it religiously or anything.

I drink it when I'm in PA, but I don't miss it when I'm not... Perhaps I just spend too much time at the Great Lakes Brewery. I'm there about 3 times a month. I didn't think I purchased it in bottles very often, but a quick inventory of my home-brew bottles suggests otherwise... 200+ great lakes bottles collected in less than a year :-/

Its not the best by any means but will be good when Im looking for quantity of quality.

Homebrew? You going to Nelson in May?

i'm a 'beginner' brewer. Mr. Beer kit for now. And yes, I plan to be at Nelson unless it's total crap conditions.

I have 2 brews in my fridge right now, but i've gotten really lax with documenting what they were, and how long they fermented, conditioned, carbonated, etc. the one w/o the label is decent, and the ones with the Christmas Ale label is drinkable, but not my first choice :p

i'm a 'beginner' brewer. Mr. Beer kit for now. And yes, I plan to be at Nelson unless it's total crap conditions.

I have 2 brews in my fridge right now, but i've gotten really lax with documenting what they were, and how long they fermented, conditioned, carbonated, etc. the one w/o the label is decent, and the ones with the Christmas Ale label is drinkable, but not my first choice :p

I've thought about buying a kit but dont really have the space...? Never had a homebrew or talked to anyone who has done it. SO I will see you there :D

I need to try this beer, I've heard a lot about it from friends. I'm a Guiness and Strongbow drinker mostly. My girl's day brews at home and his specialty is a chocolate and coffe flavored beer. Its quite awesome. Beer with a mocha after taste

I need to try this beer, I've heard a lot about it from friends. I'm a Guiness and Strongbow drinker mostly. My girl's day brews at home and his specialty is a chocolate and coffe flavored beer. Its quite awesome. Beer with a mocha after taste

MMMMMMMM.....I got hammered on a chocolate based stout at a micro brewery in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. One of the best beers I've ever had. You need to try the Yuengling Black & Tan, it's pretty good. Oh yea, bring on the Yuengling bitches!!!!!

Blah had it not impressed. Try one of Isaac papas home brews you might not remember much from that night but they are strong and dry. Think the ones he brought up here were a quad stout of some type.

I would love to try it!

Yuengling would be my choice over Bud, Miller, Coors, and all those types. It is NO microbrew but will be perfect when I am looking forward to something other than above mentioned. I love my micro's but 10+ for 4-6 gets old sometimes.

My old man brought me a case last week said it was around $18 for 24 which I believe is comparable to a case of the generics. I would think it would the same. They wont sell shit if they price it like a micro.

Its not a top quality beer... and all my buddies talk about it like its the beer from the heavens... As they drink their natty lights. Im a stella artois kinda guy or a guiness if im feeling a good drink night.

Edited by Ringo

^ that's what I'm saying. It's not bad, but friends of mine over-hype it a ton.

I went to Daytona Beach (love that shit hole) with some friends during college, and we were destroying pitcher after pitcher of Yeungling, because they were obsessed. By day 3, I had switched to Icehouse, which was $4/pitcher cheaper, and had far higher alcohol content. Man that was a fun trip. I had sex in the ocean. I firmly believe that would not have happened if I'd stuck with Yuengling.

this shit is good because its much better than bud light in an aluminum bottle, or whatever else you fags are drinking (miller lite? coors? puh-leez)

its cheap beer for the working man.

you just spent 10 hours in a fucking coal mine. fuck budweiser. yuengling is what you want.