What kinda gun do you have ?

Ringo

Unfortunately all my firearms and ammunition was recently lost in a horrific gardening accident. Before the accident I carried a Springfield emp 40. I had others but they have been classified since the gardening accident.

S&W M&PC .40

Hipoint 9mm

Marlin .22 semiauto Model 60A

American AK47 7.62 x 39

Ruger Security Six - Stainless .357 Mag Revolver

Rem .30-.06

Winchester .222

and more

Not sure I would admit owning hipoint LOL. I almost bought a hipoint cause Walmart was out of boat anchors:)

Off topic ever so slightly, but why do you all have the desire to own weapons? I have nothing against them and have owned my fair share in the past so don't think I'm anti-gun or anything. It's just that since I have partaken in a few shoot outs during my tour in Iraq and have seen the devastation weaponry can cause (serious injury, death, etc), I haven't had the desire to pick another one up since and I understand it's from my own personal experiences as to why I don't. I'm just curious as to why you all own guns. Does it make you feel like a tough guy, a bad ass, or what? What are your reasons?

Off topic ever so slightly, but why do you all have the desire to own weapons? I have nothing against them and have owned my fair share in the past so don't think I'm anti-gun or anything. It's just that since I have partaken in a few shoot outs during my tour in Iraq and have seen the devastation weaponry can cause (serious injury, death, etc), I haven't had the desire to pick another one up since and I understand it's from my own personal experiences as to why I don't. I'm just curious as to why you all own guns. Does it make you feel like a tough guy, a bad ass, or what? What are your reasons?

Sorry you couldn't handle it.

• Upvote 1

I never said people primarly own fire arms to make them feel like tough guys or bad ass. I asked a question with a few simple examples. Don't mix your internal conflicts with my questioning and presume you know what I can and cannot handle.

Here, let me rephrase the question for ya. Do you own fire arms because of self defense purposes, just because you like to shoot, makes you feel like a bad ass, gives you a hard on, etc. I honestly am curious as to why people own firearms.

Is that better for you Fusion?

I never said people primarly own fire arms to make them feel like tough guys or bad ass. I asked a question with a few simple examples. Don't mix your internal conflicts with my questioning and presume you know what I can and cannot handle.

Here, let me rephrase the question for ya. Do you own fire arms because of self defense purposes, just because you like to shoot, makes you feel like a bad ass, gives you a hard on, etc. I honestly am curious as to why people own firearms.

Is that better for you Fusion?

I'm not mixing any personal internal conflicts, you're the one when giving examples only listed ones surrounding weapons making someone feel like Billy Badass.

It's a little better, but you still sound like you have issues.

Reasons

1. Because I can!

2. It all started when my wife worked at the bank. The bank across the street was robbed. The robbers stalked the bank employee and killed him (which didn't make the news) I got my Indiana CCW and my first pistol to protection t my wife and I.

3. I wasn't allowed to have toy guns as a kid.

4. I love the smell of gun powder and lead.

5.,its fun to shoot

6. I enjoy the challenge (closer groups, better scores, etc.)

No I don't think I'm a badass because I own a gun. I hope I never have to draw my firearm in self defense and pray I never have to pull the trigger in self defense. I am comforted having my firearms just in case. The bad guys have guns why shouldn't I. I'm not paranoid I just like being prepared!

• Upvote 1

home protection / self defense are the primary reason i own one. but i plan on getting my CCW so i can carry one with me almost everywhere i go. id rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

That's the great thing about America ..... you have the freedom to not own one.

I have the right to so might as well take advantage of the few freedoms we are allowed to have anymore as Americans. Not to mention this world is evil and I don't trust easily. I see you're from Strasburg and I know its a small friendly town where mostly everyone knows each other. It has a safe feeling to it and granted my neighborhood is somewhat like that but I also have lived in very undesirable areas without anything other than a baseball bat as defense. The first time I had a gun pulled on me clicked something in my brain that said this will be the last without being able to equally protect myself