Neon Lights

gidet

I see a lot of bikes at night that seem to have neon under the bike, which always catches my eye. So I'm just wondering what you guys think of this neon lighting? Would it be a good investment in the future to buy it if you do a lot of night riding?

Unlike I.P. I am not afraid to give an opinion.

I am of the opinion that they are a good investment for safety reasons and while you are at it you should probably change your exhaust to make it louder for the same reason.

You sure flip flop a lot. :rolleyes:

I hate loud bikes no matter the type.

A louder exhaust will not make me any faster and I seriously doubt they make anyone else any faster. Loud exhaust is just obnoxious.

Unlike I.P. I am not afraid to give an opinion.

I am of the opinion that they are a good investment for safety reasons and while you are at it you should probably change your exhaust to make it louder for the same reason.

Be sure to rev it while stopped at traffic lights so no one rear-ends you because they didn't hear you. :D

I think StreetGlow gives away lots of product, because every other POS I see with neons has a 36" sticker in the back window.

I myself have them, but never really ride at night because you can't TRULY "ride" at night. They're not for safety, they're for looks and they look great on motorcycles. I got mine on ebay for $6. Just had to have my buddy 12'0clocker install everything since he knows all electrical.

I'm with Pauly on this... I think the neons are pretty douchey. On an EX250, it might be kind of funny though.

a few guys in high school bought a POS civic for like $600 and then used to take it to the local drag strip to make fun of the fart-can civic 'racers.'

They put neons on the car, had an ACTUAL coffee-can exhaust tip, a REAL towel-rack spoiler, and painted a "racing strip" with a roller. This was right after the original Fast & the Furious came out. Needless to say, the joke went over much better with the V8 crowd than the kids who thought their civics were fast - not that the lights make a vehicle any faster anyway.

My opinion is they look cool in parking lots while moving the only people to notice are law enforcement. I try to ride mine more than it sits in parking lots. I also try not to get noticed by law enforcement while on the bike.

I'll probably never install neon or LED lighting on my bike simply for the fact that I rarely night ride, and I don't ride a show-piece........nightriding impairs my vision to ride like I want too Nick.........so during the day these accessories are redundant and basically end up dead weight on my bike, so I've never been able to justify having them........But, I'm not against them - it's a cool mod to most any motorcycle, just don't see the need for 'em on mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have l.e.d.'s. I only turn them on at car shows and bike nights. I think they look nice. When I switch them to breathing mode. Where they change from dim to bright. I wear full gear and I enjoy tracks and back roads.... Don't really think that led's make me a dumb ass rider...