Here we go again - RAIN!

ReconRat

Well, I'm glad I got to ride today. And got home dry. And it's still nice outside, but won't stay that way long. That extreme low pressure cyclonic event (big storm turning) stuck over Kansas and Nebraska is on the move. Fast. It will be here tonight. Thunderstorms, high winds, potential large hail, and tornado watch and warnings. Dayton and Cleveland already know this, since they just got the rain. Columbus is spared till later.

edit: oh, and there's even more bigger nasty coming behind this.

It will probably calm down as temperatures cool off tonight. Or not.

THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP TONIGHT IN THE SOUTHERLY

FLOW AHEAD OF INTENSIFYING LOW PRESSURE. SOME OF THE THUNDERSTORMS

WILL BE SEVERE...WITH VERY LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING WINDS...AND

POSSIBLY TORNADOES.

DUE TO THE REPEATED PERIODS OF THUNDERSTORMS OCCURRING THIS

WEEK THERE IS ALSO A HEIGHTENED POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING.

Edited by ReconRat

Yeah, I threw caution into the wind and rode today, got lucky and didn't get wet on the way home. I got a few sprinkles when I was within a mile of home, but nothing came of it.

Tomorrow looks like a bust for riding too, unless someone wants to get wet. My laptop would not like me very well for that.

9:30pm - currently two tornado signatures on radar. One is NW of Dayton, the other is NE of Dayton. Both moving toward Marysville or Marion or Akron, etc. Not necessarily a tornado, just a wanna be right now.

edit: yeah, looks like Toledo or Cleveland will be receiving..

Edited by ReconRat

I rode to work but had her bring the truck to pick me and the bike up after work. It was nasty up this way, tornado warnings, strong wind, heavy rain, and some hail.

Wwwooooooo! I love this shit! I sat on my front porch and watch the last show. Who needs cable when you have thunderstorms.

+1. live in the sticks has it's benefits. I can see them coming from a long way away. In good storm I can watch the rain coming from about a mile away across the fields.

Van Wert and Sandusky got the tornado(s). EF-1

If you hear what sounds like a dozen semis or freight trains outside tonight, don't ignore it.

Edited by ReconRat

I came home from work around 2am and found my motorcycle cover across the yard. The winds must have been so bad that it took the cord that was tied around my motorcycle off. >:(

he probably called all million of them daddy while it happened

so THATS what caused it to go from a march to a run like hell

I knew it had a chance of rain and I was out grilling when it just started to rain, pulled the steaks off the grill and go inside next thing I know its hailing. My parents were at a restaurant and the power went out so they were calling me trying to figure out what was going on, had to call my 96 year old grandpa who still lives on his own to make sure he had power and was alright all while dealing with the gf freaking out like shes 3 years old. Needless to say my ass sat directly in the garage and watched the funnel cloud and lightning while enjoying a lovely smoke

Xenia is about 5-8 miles East of Dayton city limits probably. I wasn't there, but we got pelted hard in Dayton fo'sho.

For whatever reason it seems like Xenia always gets nailed. Dad had just rotated home form the Air Force and Oklahoma in '74. Since we had been living in Tornado alley, we did the open all the windows thing when we heard the sirens and our house was the only one left standing on our block, so I guess it works. Still, it ripped off the carport, broke every window and removed the shingles from the roof. Then a few years ago they got hit again and it knocked down half of the church just up the block from my grandmother and destroyed a Walmart.

+1 on watching storms. I should have grown up to be a storm chaser. I love speed, adrenaline and technical stuff. That job has moments of all three. What could be better?

+1. live in the sticks has it's benefits. I can see them coming from a long way away. In good storm I can watch the rain coming from about a mile away across the fields.

+1 We had some CRAZY ass clouds rolling through yesterday right around dusk. Looked great from my front porch!!

I came home from work around 2am and found my motorcycle cover across the yard. The winds must have been so bad that it took the cord that was tied around my motorcycle off. >:(

I put a bungie cord across the bottom. That works. The cover might come off, but it will still be there. Tie a knot or two in the bugie cord if it' s too long, to make it tighter.:)

I put a bungie cord across the bottom. That works. The cover might come off, but it will still be there. Tie a knot or two in the bugie cord if it' s too long, to make it tighter.:)

Thanks for the tip!

Another bust for me. I've ridden every day this week and have yet to get wet.

Last night was a moderate thunderstorm and a lot of rain, but not really windy

Of course, now I have said that I will probably be swimming home.