Muscle Bike Ride

steppenwolf

Got all my parts now,coils,cam chain,cam plugs,plugs,wires,carb kits,valve cover gasket,starter button:)button fell off two years ago..cut the end off of a bic pen cap,stuck it in the hole,a bit of electrical tape and ya couldn't see it,but time to do it right. Have a 750 rear end coming also,geared higher,the 1100 has plenty of low end so I'll be alright just looking for lower rpm's on the road. Need to get the work done before the cows come home and the snow flies,gets cold in the garage,carbs can be brought inside so they are the last to be done next to timing.

In the winter I ride the rails but they need to be plowed also..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frBh5vO_2g0&feature=fvw

• 2 weeks later...

Kick stand is down and trying to get bike back up to speed,cam chain,coils,valves set and carb rebuild but things must always be done the hard way as two bolts were just a pain in the arz.

Things went a little rough today with my bike and the ripping of it's cam chain out.Two lowly bolts kept Doug and Don at bay for hours as various means were used to get the job done,many trips to the hardware store and one to Mc Donalds...the first one kinda left the valve cover a bit of a mess and the second one.....many..many..many words were thrown at my bike with no sucess till the offending bolt was finally drilled out and a perma coil was put in after much effort...it ran when I brought it in but now it sits next to it's brother wondering where I am:eek:Poor thing must feel like it is at the SPCA:)Lots of hard work done by Doug and Don and now the easy work will begin...so what did I do....:) yuppers.........

Girls cover your eyes..I am nakid.....

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

It may not look like much but is was son of a gun...

DSC_0882-1.jpg

Just like Michael Jackson..the gloved one:cool::cool:

DSC_0874.jpg

Lots of different ways were used to get my two bolts loose..

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0879.jpg

DSC_0881.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

Strange hole in the front of my engine

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0885.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

To be continued:)

VisitedStatesMap-1.jpg

I know a little about alot and alot about little...should be in politics.

Last edited by amtrak on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

• 3 weeks later...

Bike is running good after carb rebuild,sync and color tune..kinda was pushing it after 30 years:) can only take soo much Seafoam:drink:

DSC_0935.jpg

DSC_0929.jpg

DSC_0932.jpgDSC_0933.jpg

Could cause a slight fuel starvation problem..

DSC_0934.jpg

Had to get out monster reading glass too see what main jets I had..they changed from year to year..had 110,tried 120 and a modified air box but went back to stock,felt better..

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0934.jpg

Have two diaphrams that have tiny tears in them,plan on replacing this sunday..

DSC_0939.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

Purdy dag gone clean...

DSC_0942.jpg

Right on...

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0950.jpg

Biggest bang for the buck were the hot coils,carb rebuild and then cam chain...it's running good,one thing about these older bikes is don't put the energy conserving oil in them your clutch may slip when ya start cranking some rpm's....

DSC_0925-3.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

We had a full day sunday with a threesome...:)

One rat bike that got my old rebuilt coils,that was a job in it self....................got no pictures of that...

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

And a quick pic of the four bikes there..

DSC_0997.jpg

DSC_0998.jpg

My old coils being put on the Rat bike..

DSC_1000.jpg

DSC_1008.jpg

So just a few pics from sunday11/08

Well here we go..drive shaft had plenty of grease..

DSC_1038.jpg

DSC_1039.jpg

DSC_1040.jpg

And finally trying to get the shaft into the universal joint..sucess..

DSC_1047.jpg

Stock glass fuse box..Worked well in it's day but it needs an overhaul..

DSC_1048.jpg

DSC_1049.jpg

And finally a new neater and efficient fuse box,now my turn signals work all the time with good clean connections...

DSC_1053.jpg

Almost forgot had to modify bracket a little...

DSC_1051.jpg

Need to ride the bike a bit more with the 750 fd on it to give a real report but I likey soo far:cruiser:

• 2 weeks later...

Well even tho my bike is just about ready to roll anywhere I might point it I still have a hankering to get on the train again..last feb went from Cincy to Sacramento to see a friend for a few days and then up to Portland and finally made my way back to Cincy all by rail..about 6000 miles..I love Utah and would like to retire there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1fjESApLOw&feature=related

No train ride planned for this winter..gonna do a car trip to Key West,maybe..never been there..

Pic from last february on the Empire Builder

DSC_0506.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...