Muscle Bike Ride

steppenwolf

Thanks Max,I try to post only my own pictures.Well I wore out my right knee,then I got the shots etc in it but then my left foot decided to get Charot,http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00655

Soo I had surgery lined up early in the year but then I had low sodium and almost died,hospital time,got better from that,tests and more tests,pin cushion time,a whole slue of tests and a few other things...well had surgery lined up again,failed blood tests,testing again,set a date and then I passed out at Thanksgiving table,911 etc. I was the talk that night. Low oxygen in my blood.So that was the short version,feb 3rd I get a new knee,then after that and I can walk on it I get my left foot amputated so riding will take some practice but I plan on being back in the saddle again.

But I sti015-13.jpg

ll like eye candy...b5841b94-abf7-4662-a2aa-5c8804544ae9.jpg

I do have a blind date on saturday,crutches and a foot boot makes them feel sorry for ya.

002-51.jpg

SW:  Don't think we've ever met--unless my Old-Timer's disease is getting the better of me--but from looking thru your pix, we know a few of the same people and travel the same roads.  I'm in SW Ham Cty and lived, worked and rode in the the Colerain/Ross/Miamitown/Shandon area since the 60s, and yeah….that makes me an old guy, even older than you, but I still love ridin' as often as I can.  I'm guessing our paths may have crossed at either EBN in Milford, Fuel Coffee on River Rd, or at the westside QSL on bike night.  That looks like Mr Tom Witt in one of your pics as well--he's kind'a hard to miss with that big ol' head!!!

I love your train trip reports.  I haven't been on a train since they folded the Great Northern route years ago.  My folks were both from Vancouver and used to take us kids back every 5-10 years to visit when the relatives were alive.  They're gone for decades now, but I still got memories of the trips thru the Canadian Rockies, or on one special trip, the route across the desert southwest on the City of LA Vistaliner.

Good luck with your recuperation and give us all a shout out either here or on the LocalRiders forum when you get back on your horse!

Edited by Bubba

Well Bubba we have probably seen each other somewhere.I don't really do organized things here of late but the Eastern avenue Coffee I try to make.Retired and Riding on tuesdays in Miamitown.Here's a couple of places you know..

6-22-08294.jpg

6-22-08305.jpg

6-31-08051.jpg

DSC_0898-1.jpg

910.jpg

904.jpg

A couple from the WEST side :ghostrider:

Lambs ferry..we would park our cars just to the left of the crossing and hike down about a mile and camp out a night or two with the gun club across the way shooting half the night. And the dogs from the farm on the south east side act like they wanna bite ya...great place to camp tho,we kinda trespassed,well hiking the tracks is something we have done for many a year.Got some pictures somewhere in a box..we would hike down to Versalia  or something like that,and a short jaunt down to the Licking river.

SW:  Awww, hell.  We have to have met at least once in the last couple of years.  That's Rob Giles (Dice) standing behind you and his old PC; he's one of my main ridin' buds.  We're gonna have to get together when this weather breaks.

Tom took that unflattering pic of me...I just kinda walk around by myself at meet and greet type deals...take my pictures and ride my bike.

I used to do the AFR runs years ago in the 80's but it became soo big.The parties at Edgewater with Willie G there the one year....he was a complete ass I thought..Yuppers we have met somewhere down the road I am sure if not in person in spirit.

Think I remember the picture I was taking at the time Tom caught me..will pm it:-)   

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome pics SW!  You too Bubba!  Back in the day one of my fav bands was Steppenwolf and ol John McKay....so your name has always caused me to remember some of those days.  And trains....I've always loved them.  My grandpa was a long timer on the CB &Q down in Ill and Mo......he's gone now....but he started on the rr when he was 15 and retired at 73.  Since then they have always fascinated me.

Hate to hear of someone having issues with their 'wheels'....the human type.  Hope your surgeries all go well and your back at 'em before too awful long.  I'm up in Circleville, a couple hours north of the bridge going over to Ky.  If you ever need a riding partner....or anything else for that matter,  let me know.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...