Don't ever let Pauly lead a ride...

Likwid

I told you guys justin showed me how to do 120 in straights :p

Tell Kos that he can still hang out here!

I do..... just got much busier......thanks though ;)

I still can't understand a damn thing Kosmo says.

Then I feel sorry for the university/college students I teach.....:o or may be you have to change the habbit of buying stuff meant for kids :p

Funny-BabySmokingWeed.jpg

• Upvote 1

Day 1 Ride log: June 10th 2011

Robbinsville to Deals Gap (US129)

Tail of the Dragon back and forth'

Then solo (potty break mishap facepalm.gif I was left behind :()

Hey I can ride by myself :wheeliezx10:

28 moonshiner/hellbender from Deals Gap to Franklin

Franklin to backtrack 28 to 143 West/Sweetwater Road to Cherohola Skyway to Telico Plain

Telico Plain to Robbbinsville by Cherohola Skyway

Total: 278.6 miles

Day 2 Ride log: June 11th 2011

With Pauly (The Bossman), Matt and Brian

Robbinsville to 28 south via 143 east/sweetwater

28 south to Franklin, Bridal Veil Falls,Highlands (Chic place) Georgia to Wallahala (South Carolina)

Back up to North Carolina by 107 North to Wiginton Road to North 281/130 Whitewater Falls

White water falls to 64 east to 215 (Rain for 10 miles) north to 276; Lunch at OC's BBQ on 276/Cruso's road.

276 West to Waynesville to 23 to Blueridge Parkway (Rain for 5 miles) to Cherokee 441 South (Rain for 1 mile before the stop at BP)

Cherokee to 441 South to 19 west to Bryson City

Bryson City to 74 west to 28 north to 143 west/Sweetwater to Robbinsville

Total: 258.4 mils

Highlights and tips:

Best road ever is 28 south of Franklin to Highlands, Georgia

Never hang out in the gap over weekends do 28 instead

Bridal Veil Falls

Touched NC, Georgia and SC as well and slave driver Pauly won't let us take pictures and said he does not waste time for pussies :(

In torrential rain in three installments and boy the weather changes quick as hell.

Lunch @ OC's BBQ on 276 near lake logan, Kosmo overfilled the gas tank and spilled gas all over himself, did a stinky dump and the whole restaurent got free entertainment and lots of laugh seeing a dot in feather country. Brian tried to use the lip balm and the application went wrong and ended like freshy on the face th_1415.gif

In rain on Blueridge parkway for 5 miles

Stopped @ Cherokee for rain again

Kosmo led from Cherokee to back home and did 120 on straights but stuck to 20 at corners, they are dangerous, didn't your mom tell you that ;)

Special thanks to Pauly to lead all the way and he was fast as hell in the curves but can't ride straights :rolleyes:;)

and Likwid scraped half of his vrods footpegs, I am in awe to see how well he rode that shit :eek:

Brian has become a fantastic rider from when I last saw/rode with him, he will now smoke the southeastern ohio :10:

I enjoyed the weekend as hell and prolly be there once every month ;) it's only 300 miles for me and ride up and stay at the gap hostel cheap.....suck it up haters........j/k

Best wishes to all the OR family on the fifth anniversary........keep the rubber side down.....

Pictures if any coming soon........from Brian's Camera, my cellphone and the gap photographers

What I learned from this trip.

- Don't put new pegs before a big ride

- The VRod can outrun me before I outrun it

- The radiator shrouds scrape second

- Pauly can't keep up with a Concourse

- Brian has giant nipples

- Kosmo is a fucking maniac

- Brian is a daredevil

- Pauly snores SO loud

What I learned from this trip.

- Don't put new pegs before a big ride

- The VRod can outrun me before I outrun it

- The radiator shrouds scrape second

- Pauly can't keep up with a Concourse

- Brian has giant nipples

- Kosmo is a fucking maniac

- Brian is a daredevil

- Pauly snores SO loud

to be fair...its the aerola, not the nipple :D

Really?

I swear you have terrible math, or you just don't like to push it to the gas limit.

IIRC it was 80 miles last year on the vulcan...

I don't think it had anything to do with the BIKE's gas limit...

Things I learned on this trip:

1) Apparently I don't know how to tell if my tires need replaced sooner than later

2) I'm just a little bit better rider than I gave myself credit for. Multiple opinions of my tires being shitty were going to lead to bad things. I got lucky but I also didn't push it too much cause I was scurred

3) Its entirely possible to do the Dragon at about 40mph......in a 2500HD with 2 bikes on the trailer and 1 in the bed. Never more scared in my life

4) Pauly can drive the shit out of my truck

5) I don't wanna ride in Ohio anymore

6) I fucking LOVE my VFR

With tire wear, replace sooner rather than later. Later it TOO late.

And regarding Pauly's driving skillz... You're just a wimp.

That guy riding the Concourse was fast as shit. He left me like I had my kickstand on the pavement. Serves me right' date=' though.. for making Matt feel like a slow bitch all weekend. :lol:[/quote']

You sure did, but I deserved it too, for making Brian feel like a slow bitch :D

With tire wear, replace sooner rather than later. Later it TOO late.

And regarding Pauly's driving skillz... You're just a wimp.

this noob is still learning about motorcycles. Although I did feel a shit ton better about my crappy riding when we were finally loading up the bikes to go home and Pauly was suprised I didn't eat shit riding like we were on those tires. Hell I even was keeping it pulled back because everyone had my paranoid about them

And yes it is true that when I drove it on the Dragon I was a giant wimp, I wasn't about to lose $60k worth of shit or clipping a rider coming on a blind corner

I had a good time down there and am ready to go back. It would have been nice to ride woth you guys a bit more but the roads down there are amazing. I'm going to quit my job and sell my house to move down there.

I had a good time down there and am ready to go back. It would have been nice to ride woth you guys a bit more but the roads down there are amazing. I'm going to quit my job and sell my house to move down there.

yea for sure, the damn in and out of cell service made for hell on communicating once we got seperated. I'm thinking you would have loved the shit out of running down 28.

yea for sure, the damn in and out of cell service made for hell on communicating once we got seperated. I'm thinking you would have loved the shit out of running down 28.

Saturday we ran the hell bender and then hit the dragon before lunch. After we rode down 129 to Murphy and cut over on 294. Took 294 to 68 back to Telico and took the Cherohala back to Robinsville. I went and road the dragon one more time by myself when we got back.

Saturday we ran the hell bender and then hit the dragon before lunch. After we rode down 129 to Murphy and cut over on 294. Took 294 to 68 back to Telico and took the Cherohala back to Robinsville. I went and road the dragon one more time by myself when we got back.

Did you guys hit the blue ridge at all? It was nice seeing that a little.

How many miles did you guys end up doing?

Did you guys hit the blue ridge at all? It was nice seeing that a little.

How many miles did you guys end up doing?

No clue, didn't keep track I will have to get on Google maps and punch in the route to see.

Yah it was definitely spotty, seemed like there were some txts making it through but not others. Sucks we got split off, on the first day there were a couple stops I didn't know we were supposed to make... I was just following the leader :(

Sounds like all had fun. The wife and I just rode 1089 miles in 5days, all in W.V.,MD, and PA, and just a touch of VA, and what it took to get out of OH. We have done the tail, 2 times, and its a blast, but its closer to go ride 219, and its just as fun. Be safe.