Short notice ride Saturday 06-18-11

Uncle Punk

Find another MDX. I put 500-1000 miles per week on mine (when I can't ride). It's a 2004 with over 115000 miles. It's the first vehicle that I have been 100% satisfied with... towing boats, hauling kids, schlepping bosses....

I've got my eye on one in Columbus. Just trying to find one closer.

A bottle of Crystal Head will clear that right up for me.

Acura MDX

I was thinking of doing an EARLY ride tomorrow...it would be a short 200 mile or so route though. I still haven't changed that rear.

i have to work this sunday, have to work one a month and tomorrow is it

The ride was a bust; I was by myself but turned around in Clark just south of Millersburg. Sunny skies and dry roads all the way to Wooster then it got cloudy. The road started to get wet south of Millersburg so with the cloud cover and impending rain I didn’t think the roads had a chance to dry up for a long while, I called the ride and headed home. By myself I averaged 10MPH slower than I did the last ride with someone.

I'm mad for putting the miles on the tires now, what a waste. I put new tires on Thursday and for the first time actually checked my rear mileage on the 1K. It wasn't as bad as I thought compared to the 600. I was getting between 1,800 and 2,100 plus change on the rears running 2CTs and Diablo Corsa IIIs. I got 1,730 on a Diablo Corsa III this time and put on 2CTs now.

The ride was a bust; I was by myself but turned around in Clark just south of Millersburg. Sunny skies and dry roads all the way to Wooster then it got cloudy. The road started to get wet south of Millersburg so with the cloud cover and impending rain I didn’t think the roads had a chance to dry up for a long while, I called the ride and headed home. By myself I averaged 10MPH slower than I did the last ride with someone.

I'm mad for putting the miles on the tires now, what a waste. I put new tires on Thursday and for the first time actually checked my rear mileage on the 1K. It wasn't as bad as I thought compared to the 600. I was getting between 1,800 and 2,100 plus change on the rears running 2CTs and Diablo Corsa IIIs. I got 1,730 on a Diablo Corsa III this time and put on 2CTs now.

man that sucks was nice up here, you could have practiced hole shots on our perfectly straight roads up here:D

• Upvote 1

It wasn't as bad as I thought compared to the 600. I was getting between 1,800 and 2,100 plus change on the rears running 2CTs and Diablo Corsa IIIs. I got 1,730 on a Diablo Corsa III this time and put on 2CTs now.

Ouch. That's the reason I made the move to sport touring tires a few years ago. I sacrifice a little grip, but less down time for tire changes.

I got 6,500 on my last Pilot Road 2.

I may try that at some point in time. I am worried about being used to having the grip of the street/track tires and then not having it with the sport touring tires on a sport bike. I won't be saving any money if I end up on my ear.

Slowing down might be an option.

I may try that at some point in time. I am worried about being used to having the grip of the street/track tires and then not having it with the sport touring tires on a sport bike. I won't be saving any money if I end up on my ear.

Slowing down might be an option.

This, except slowing down isn't an option for me ...not yet.

I'm really tired of buying tires every 2000 miles....but I'm not tired of leaning all the way over and feeling confident that my tire is one less thing I have to worry about.

At street operating temps, the PR2 has nearly the grip of the Corsa III I had previously. That difference would likely be more noticeable on a track.

The biggest difference I felt was the turn in. The PR2 has a rounder profile, so a slower more deliberate turn in. I got used to it. Just mounted another PR2.