Nelson Ledges w/ Moto Series 7/16/11

rubbersidedown

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there friday, not sure if I'm riding yet or not.

They will also be spliting fridays into 2 groups with 30 min sessions.

Is this now the standard for Friday nights? I thought Fridays were open track?

I'll be out there Friday night, anyone bringing a beacon? My times at Nelson are garbage and I like to see how slow I am.

Looking to make this "official" and register ASAP, but I am almost definitely going to have a dog with me, and need someone to keep an eye on him while I'm riding (not that I'm worried he'll get into trouble - just better to be safe).

Brutus is a 4 yr old puggle. He's a good little dog, if a bit excitable. He is kind of a turd with other dogs. The people who surrendered him to the rescue spoiled him rotten, so he's really jealous of other dogs. But he's pretty good w/ people when he's the only dog around. The more you love on him, the better he is.

Anyone not riding in "A" going to be around? Chances are that you would have very little to do except sit in the shade and drink out of my cooler for your trouble.

Looking to make this "official" and register ASAP, but I am almost definitely going to have a dog with me, and need someone to keep an eye on him while I'm riding (not that I'm worried he'll get into trouble - just better to be safe).

Brutus is a 4 yr old puggle. He's a good little dog, if a bit excitable. He is kind of a turd with other dogs. The people who surrendered him to the rescue spoiled him rotten, so he's really jealous of other dogs. But he's pretty good w/ people when he's the only dog around. The more you love on him, the better he is.

Anyone not riding in "A" going to be around? Chances are that you would have very little to do except sit in the shade and drink out of my cooler for your trouble.

i tie up my dog while i'm gone. that said, we should not pit near each other if your dog is not good with other dogs since I will have Gatsby with me (and he is a giant pansy of a dog, like his owner)

i tie up my dog while i'm gone. that said, we should not pit near each other if your dog is not good with other dogs since I will have Gatsby with me (and he is a giant pansy of a dog, like his owner)

MY dog is great with other dogs. This is my coworker's dog that his parents had to surrender when they moved. Long story...

anyway, Brutus isn't terrible with other dogs; he is just a yippy a-hole when he first meets them. He barked and tried to kill my friend's pug for 10 straight minutes. Then we took them outside, butts were sniffed, and they were totally fine together for the next 4 days while my friend was in Florida.

He's just really jealous because he's spoiled. And he's got a Napolean complex. I'll probably pit off by myself to keep him away from trouble just in case.

What day(s) will you be there. I still desperately need to go to my first track day so I certainly wouldn't be in A. I would need a trailer, so I could easily pay for gas to pick me up and watch your dog in return. Also, how much for the track plastics?

I'm only riding Saturday. Probably will go down Saturday morning, and need to come home Saturday night.

If you're looking for a ride though, as long as we can load up Friday night, I have room for you and your bike.

For Nelson, gas costs are really pretty negligible, so help me w/ the dog, and we'll call it even.

Was the track plastics comment directed at me? I don't have any for sale. I have lots of painter's tape though. PM me, and let's talk.

MY dog is great with other dogs. This is my coworker's dog that his parents had to surrender when they moved. Long story...

anyway, Brutus isn't terrible with other dogs; he is just a yippy a-hole when he first meets them. He barked and tried to kill my friend's pug for 10 straight minutes. Then we took them outside, butts were sniffed, and they were totally fine together for the next 4 days while my friend was in Florida.

He's just really jealous because he's spoiled. And he's got a Napolean complex. I'll probably pit off by myself to keep him away from trouble just in case.

if he's ok with dogs once they meet, then i don't see why we can't pit in a group (though, that doesn't sound like he is "bad" with other dogs then). it sounded like he would try to eat gatsby alive before i had a chance to, and that would not be acceptable.

imprez, i know you mean well, but if you're riding novice that day, your classroom session is run during advanced sessions, so you wouldn't be able to watch the dog for him. people who are running open/intermediate would be able to, however.

chris, i think we will have someone in our group that is running open group that likes dogs. she might be willing to help keep an eye on your pup. as long as you think the dog you are taking care of won't try to kill or eat gatsby, i don't think there will be a problem. we'll just let them meet and greet and go from there.

I'm getting the bike back tomorrow and its going to be an all out sprint to get it fixed up and up there for Saturday... I plan on making it and running advanced, but I feel a severe lack of sleep coming for the next two nights.

If anyone in Cbus wants to help do Throttle body removal/cable install and a subframe switch out with me late Thurs or Friday day...let me know. Plan on getting back Thurs around 8pm and working into the night an once I get home Friday about 3:20pm. Leaving either late Friday or early Saturday for the track.

I'm getting the bike back tomorrow and its going to be an all out sprint to get it fixed up and up there for Saturday... I plan on making it and running advanced, but I feel a severe lack of sleep coming for the next two nights.

If anyone in Cbus wants to help do Throttle body removal/cable install and a subframe switch out with me late Thurs or Friday day...let me know. Plan on getting back Thurs around 8pm and working into the night an once I get home Friday about 3:20pm. Leaving either late Friday or early Saturday for the track.

Get ahold of John about traveling up. We will have the endurance bike setup when you guys get there.

Everything done but eletrical connectors, exhaust, radiator and bodywork done last night. Should be done today and will try to leave tonight. Didn't get to register last night due to late night on bike and to will try to call todd today to register for td and race. Need # if possible from any coach of theres better then the 1-866#.

so what's our "roll call?"

SJC1000rr - advanced

APCh8r - advanced/coaching

Jbot - advance/coaching

Blue636 - Advanced/coaching

redkow97 - Advanced

Imprez55 - Instructional

Rjettman - Instructional(??)

Rslocum - Open?

RubbersideDown - Open?

Grapesmuggler27 - Open?

JazzMotorsports - "a couple guys." no indication of group.

Did I miss anyone?

Edited by APCh8r