Route 164 Twistiful NEO ride 6-25-11

NinjaDoc

So today we are leaving for a ride down Route 164,

We are meeting at Sheetz by 224 in Canfeild and Start at 3:30

Any one in and around Akron can meet at circle k on grahmn and bath rd. in cuyahoga falls at 2pm then roll down.

Two palns to choose from depending upon how the ride is like,

1)first we will roll down 164 through lisbon, amsterdam till Leesville and then track back same route if route was good enough for a second. On the way back stop at Lisbon famous steel dinner for a national award winning burger if you feel like it :)

2)We will roll down 164 till amsterdam take 43 then 152 and via route 7 head back to canfeild. Obviously longer and mixed, we can do this if 164 was disappointing

Personally i feel plan 1 is better coz i loved the 164, then again its no deals gap but still much much better than normal routes

Anybody familiar with this route and joining us can lead the ride for us. :bow: or else mike will i guess.

Pace will be moderate as there are quite a few 15mph curves.

Weather seems to be awesome except for the clouds, high of 77 with sun mostly :)

Wish i had a gopro :(

Join up guys, check the other thread for more details on who all coming etc http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=78777

you should connect to RT 9 north on your way back, it'll take you into Salem, I just rode Rt 9 out of salem south to Kilgore, then headed north on Rt 164, both are GREAT motorcycle roads, but do becareful, driveways come out near curves and sometimes cages are in your lane, but it is beautiful rural scenery and fabulous curves. ENJOY!!

good good the more the merrier, meet u at sheetz in canfeild,

my phone just died on me, :( prolly u can call mike, here is his number 330-608-5911 . And mike i was unable to contact ur cousin here today morning because of the stupid phone... just pm me any thing here if emergent till 2pm. After that i prolly borrow one cell or something before i come for the ride.

Rt 9 looks pretty good, not as many curves as the 164 it seems, may be we can ride another day ride entirely on those routes i guess.

so i changed a chick's tire, ate my first choco taco, met some cool guys, watched one of them hit a guardrail, ate dinner with them whilst we checked out cute waitresses, and didn't understand what some of them were saying half the time.

all in all, good group ride...

just wish i'd have taken off the jacket for the picture of me changing the tire (i was rocking my DTC shirt)

dayum mag, i was about to post the brief story , u beat me to it.

home :)

First time meeting yall, first group ride, first crash overall awesome day :)

INITIAL MEET UP

IMG_1140.jpg

Good Samaritan

IMG_1139.jpg

Star bike

IMG_1141.jpg

Scratch bike

IMG_1144.jpg

Picked up a kitty

IMG_1148.jpg

Some off roading as well

IMG_1151.jpg

Finish line

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

• Upvote 1

so i changed a chick's tire, ate my first choco taco, met some cool guys, watched one of them hit a guardrail, ate dinner with them whilst we checked out cute waitresses, and didn't understand what some of them were saying half the time.

all in all, good group ride...

just wish i'd have taken off the jacket for the picture of me changing the tire (i was rocking my DTC shirt)

good ride. fun day. everybody hope safe I hope.

Yep, it cleared up as we rolled on

Now I know what every one expects from a group ride, some nice roads to roll, return route can be anything, preferably nice roads again, no cops what so ever ( except David of course :) ) and a local flavor to cool off the engines and fill up gas for rider and bike.

Will put up some thing like that next time, this time thou somebody else scout it and lead plz:) don't put me on the spot. :))

This route was pretty bad ass right, I felt the curves were pretty technical how about u guys, then again I never rode much here.