And you guys bitch about squids in Ohio...

RSVDon

I feel like the elephant in the room down here with all my gear on!

Typical attire regardless of bike is shorts, flip-flops, t-shirt, and usually a bucket (sometimes full face). I literally have seen two guys out of hundreds that were wearing anything protective. Both on BMW GS bikes.

Guess it's just too hot down here in Georgia... :lol:

Edited by RSVDon

I don't whine about squids... I ride my own ride and don't give a shit what other people do ;)

I whine about squids when my son is in the car. I don't want him growing up thinking that's cool. He rides 2-up with me so I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a rider himself. I wanna get that ATGATT message in his head now.

I whine about squids when my son is in the car. I don't want him growing up thinking that's cool. He rides 2-up with me so I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a rider himself. I wanna get that ATGATT message in his head now.

So you'd rather him grow up to be a whiner?

So you'd rather him grow up to be a whiner?

Better a whiner than a squid.

I don't care about what other people do for safety gear - I care about me, and I care about my son. The rest of you zoom-splat junkies can do what you want. :p

It does affect us when the squids get injured from lack of gear and your rates go up every year even though you are a safe rider.. It kills me that we live in a state with seat belt laws but not helmet ones? If you choose to ride with out gear or your riding buddies choose to not wear gear. I dont want to read posts asking for prayers of sympathy for you or your buddies injuries to heal quick. When if you had gear on there would be little to none.

It does affect us when the squids get injured from lack of gear and your rates go up every year even though you are a safe rider.. It kills me that we live in a state with seat belt laws but not helmet ones? If you choose to ride with out gear or your riding buddies choose to not wear gear. I dont want to read posts asking for prayers of sympathy for you or your buddies injuries to heal quick. When if you had gear on there would be little to none.

Considering the majority of special lines MC insured in Ohio is 25/50 it's not bodily injuries that are raising your rates.

But hey, if we had universal healthcare then you'd have no excuse I guess ;)

P.S. Credit is one of the largest of the credit factors... so we really should hammer down hard on deadbeats :)

Edited by Likwid

i agree if they want to wear shirt and shorts, it doesnt bother me, if they go down, it doesnt affect me. I look at it like wearing a seat belt, its your choice, doesnt bother me

Do you make your kid wear a seatbelt?

There's a major difference in teaching your children and coming to an online forum to discuss how "I saw this squid on the highway wearing a thong!" or posting in a death thread with "Too bad no helmet"

There's a major difference in teaching your children and coming to an online forum to discuss how "I saw this squid on the highway wearing a thong!" or posting in a death thread with "Too bad no helmet"

So you're not talking about me then. I just said I point out squids to my 7yo son to drive home the point about why he has to wear his safety gear when he's 2-up with me.

If someone dies in a bike wreck and is not wearing a helmet then it's still a terrible loss. I do admit that I wonder if they'd have survived had they been wearing one, though.

I dont have any children, but the discussion is not about teaching your kids to be safe but to do the smart thing. I am glad to hear your are being a father and teaching your child well. The forum was about seeing the idiots that are not smart on bikes and my comment was basically saying that what they wear and dont wear doesnt bother me because it doesnt affect me. Same as if im driving and the guy next to me in the other car doesnt have his seat belt on, oh well, dont see how that is my problem Now when i have kids, yes i will teach them the smart thing to do. Same as not smoking, doing good in school. There are alot of people that do things that we think are not right, but all those things dont bother me. maybe i am just thinking different from you because i dont have kids yet

So you're not talking about me then.

No, you just happened to be the first person to speak up ;)

If someone dies in a bike wreck and is not wearing a helmet then it's still a terrible loss. I do admit that I wonder if they'd have survived had they been wearing one, though.

Of course you do... who doesn't? It's the same thing you do when anything bad happens... "I wonder how XYZ could have changed that"