Red White & Boom

CleaveTheGreat

So I just moved to Westerville about a month ago and I'm wondering if red white & boom is worth going to or if it's just a giant clusterfuck of people and traffic that's going to piss me off. I like fireworks but I don't like sitting in traffic for hours to see 25 minutes of fireworks. And if you think it is worth it, where would you recommend I park? I get off work at 6 so I could theoretically head downtown around that time. Thoughts?

I think RW, Boom is something that you should do once, or maybe once every 10 or so years. It IS a clusterfuck of people and traffic, but there are some good places to park where you can get out fast. I wish I could remember where we parked about 15 years ago when I drove down there! I haven't been back since.

I'm not sure whose fireworks are better than the others though, we usually just go to the local ones out here.

I think RW, Boom is something that you should do once, or maybe once every 10 or so years. It IS a clusterfuck of people and traffic, but there are some good places to park where you can get out fast. I wish I could remember where we parked about 15 years ago when I drove down there! I haven't been back since.

I'm not sure whose fireworks are better than the others though, we usually just go to the local ones out here.

Kind of what I was thinking. I feel like I should see it once. Even though I know I'm gonna be furious when I get stuck in traffic

Be prepared to get angry. I watched from goodale park one year. It was ok. I wanted to sharpen my shoe and stab people last time I went downtown.

Sounds awesome. Btw call me sometime and we'll get a beer or dinner. I've been down here a month and we haven't hung out yet douche. :D

Talk to Moose. He might be able to recommend a decent place if you really want to go.

I might do that.

Sounds awesome. Btw call me sometime and we'll get a beer or dinner. I've been down here a month and we haven't hung out yet douche. :D

I will be at rule 3 at 7 tomorrow for bike night.

Yeah, I fail at anything but sleep and work. Sorry buddy.

...I'm wondering if red white & boom is worth going to or if it's just a giant clusterfuck of people and traffic that's going to piss me off...

Yes, it's worth going to - one of the best shows you'll find anywhere.

Yes, the crowds and traffic will piss you off. People will start arriving tonight to stake out their spot from which to watch, and tomorrow by early afternoon it will be just stupid with people.

IF you wanna hang with H-D folk, A.D. Farrow right downtown on Broad Street will be having their annual shindig. BYO blanket, cooler.

..Watch Red, White, and Boom on tv. Go to one of the suburbs' fireworks.

If you decide to watch it on TV, turn the sound down because they do this stupid 'fireworks synch with music' thing that is never quite in synch and the music for the most part sucks, unless you like flavor-of-the-day pop pablum and the obligatory "Proud to be an American".

For C-Bus suburbs:

imho, the best: Upper Arlington, Worthington, or Clintonville (Park of Roses).

Don't bother: Worthington Hills or Sunbury, lame.

Since I just moved into Westerville, me and the young'un will be checking those out on Monday.

5-10 years ago I would have definitely agreed. Recently, not so much.

Last I went in person was 15~ish years ago.

I heard gunshots right after, at Front and whatever streets right in front of City Hall. The crowd scattering in every direction was like Moses parting the Red Fucking Sea.

Haven't been back since, but will be watching from a balcony at a North Bank condo tomorrow night.

went two years ago...parked far away and rode the cota down....had sweet seats - hillbilly had a trailer setup in the vets memorial parking lot and we watched them there

not even those awesome seats could get me to go back...what a fucking let down...the fireworks were no better than what you can see in the suburbs and the amount of people was insane

Two years ago, my timing was near perfect, and I weaved through stopped traffic on the freeway during the fireworks. Nice view from there, and you can stop where ever. Risky, but doable if you're comfortable on the freeway at night in stalled traffic. Yeah, I know... I'm crazy...

Don't bother: Worthington Hills or Sunbury, lame.

I was pumped on Sunbury fireworks last year. I had spent the whole weekend travelling to Red Bud and whatnot, and come Sunday evening I was thinking, "Damn, I didn't even see fireworks this year." A few minutes after I went to bed, shit starts blowing up outside. I got dressed again and walked down to the end of the street where there was a great view. Made my weekend and was way more than I expected out of these little towns around here, especially with the recent economy.

I heard gunshots right after, at Front and whatever streets right in front of City Hall. The crowd scattering in every direction was like Moses parting the Red Fucking Sea.

Sounds like a party. :D

No good place to park unless you pay. I go every year, it's a good time and well worth the hassles!

You drive from Parma to Columbus to see fireworks? :eek: