Help Installing Power Commander

seanya1604

Ok, so I recently posted that I was having some issues with my Leo Vince SBK slip on and I ordered a Dyno Power Commander III to try to help with fuel control issues. I was told by Leo Vince that I shouldn't need one, but it is apparent that either a plug is jacked up or I have to install this.

Since I am already taking things apart, I am going to check the plugs and install the Power Commander. I already have the bike apart, except for the tank.

My goal is to learn to do this, but to do it correctly and to be able to ride once the job is completed. I am confident I can get the job accomplished, but I don't want to make this problem any worse.

Would anyone that has done this before be willing to work with me to complete this task this weekend for $100? I don't just want to hand it off to be completed. I want to be part of finishing what I started without screwing it up any further.

It is on a 2006 CBR600RR.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

honestly, do it yourself. Its so ridiculously easy its not even funny, literally plug and play

1) Install PCIII software to comp

2) Find a map on the dynotune website or 600rr.net and download it to computer

3) Pull off tank (I cant remember if you can get the tank cover and tank off without taking the side fairings so those might need to come off too)

4) Locate main electrical harness and plug in PCIII

5) start and run bike to make sure you didn't screw anything up

6) put fairings back on and enjoy

I never did the install on my 600rr but did it on my VFR. I did do a speedohealer on the 600rr and this is exactly what i did and that harness if my memory serves me right is under the tank. Either way the PCIII comes with instructions for the model of bike that area easy as hell. No need to spend a ton more money

Thanks Bad. I hope it's easy, but my fear is that my bogging problem won't be resolved and it could be plugs or something else that I can't troubleshoot.

It's been 2 weeks without riding and if I don't get this fixed, I'm going to have to take it in and they will take it in the back, probably tighten a screw, and charge me hundreds.

I just want to resolve the issue once and for all and learn from it.

If all fails, your steps seem exactly right. Thanks!

Thanks Bad. I hope it's easy, but my fear is that my bogging problem won't be resolved and it could be plugs or something else that I can't troubleshoot.

It's been 2 weeks without riding and if I don't get this fixed, I'm going to have to take it in and they will take it in the back, probably tighten a screw, and charge me hundreds.

I just want to resolve the issue once and for all and learn from it.

If all fails, your steps seem exactly right. Thanks!

if its bogging with only a slip on, my guess would be that the PCIII will not fix the problem. My 600rr was a local whore and was beat to shit but ran like butter, even with one of the previous owners deciding he wanted it loud but not pay for it and just jammed a screwdriver in the bottom of the stock can for noise. Still ran great though

I feel your pain, my bike has been down for 2 weeks too :(

"My 600rr was a local whore and was beat to shit but ran like butter". Now that's funny! ha ha ha!

Yeah, it seemed like it was running fine. Then I went to the gas station (shitty marathon) and put a gallon in. It immediately started the bogging. So I took out the fuel, put sunoco in it and ran some of that fuel cleaner crap.

Runs fine for the first 5 minutes, then first gear starts to bog in lower rpms. Bogs when they are high too in like 3rd/4th gears. Then she cools and runs fine again for a few minutes.

I installed the one on my 07 cbr 1000 it wasn't too difficult just took some patience. Had to remove both seats tank cover tilt the tank remove air box clip into the injectors then run the wires.

Are you getting it tuned or anything? Have a map ready to put on it? If you're putting it on the dyno don't put on your PC til you're getting ready to get the bike on the dyno. If you're putting on a pre made map make sure you have it ready to go.

You'll want to go get it put on a dyno regardless. GL.

Ok, so I recently posted that I was having some issues with my Leo Vince SBK slip on and I ordered a Dyno Power Commander III to try to help with fuel control issues. I was told by Leo Vince that I shouldn't need one, but it is apparent that either a plug is jacked up or I have to install this.

Since I am already taking things apart, I am going to check the plugs and install the Power Commander. I already have the bike apart, except for the tank.

My goal is to learn to do this, but to do it correctly and to be able to ride once the job is completed. I am confident I can get the job accomplished, but I don't want to make this problem any worse.

Would anyone that has done this before be willing to work with me to complete this task this weekend for $100? I don't just want to hand it off to be completed. I want to be part of finishing what I started without screwing it up any further.

It is on a 2006 CBR600RR.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

Pm sent

Are you getting it tuned or anything? Have a map ready to put on it? If you're putting it on the dyno don't put on your PC til you're getting ready to get the bike on the dyno. If you're putting on a pre made map make sure you have it ready to go.

You'll want to go get it put on a dyno regardless. GL.

ask DTM Brian about the power commander he all so does DYNO so talk to him. You can download a map from online that could work for your bike with the set up you have

Edited by wht_scorpion

I will be installing a PCIII and downloaded map on a 02 r1 within the next three days. If you really want I could post step by step instructions (but really its as easy wiring in 3 connectors and downloading a map with a usb cord). You should just be able to remove the plugs with a spark plug socket after the ignition coils have been taken out, and then just check to see how they look.

I've installed a PC3 on my 07 600rr and 07 1000rr. I also uninstalled the pc and reinstalled a Bazzaz on my 600. Let me know if you need any help since I pretty much know the bike inside and out. :)

But honestly, just follow their instructions since its pretty accurate with pictures. The hardest part is getting the TPS sensor out to connect it since its such a small area.

2005-PC3

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/117/install/411/eng117-411.pdf

05-PC-V with color pics

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/16-023/install/pcv/eng16-023.pdf

Edited by SJC1000rr

I installed my Power Commander V a couple months ago on my R1 and it was super easy. I am no mechanic either. The hardest part for me was splicing into the ECU harness. Since there's literally no slack in those wires, it was a PITA and I ended up having to rig up an extension of that wire just to splice into it. Good enough for gub'ment work I guess.

I will be installing a PCIII and downloaded map on a 02 r1 within the next three days. If you really want I could post step by step instructions (but really its as easy wiring in 3 connectors and downloading a map with a usb cord). You should just be able to remove the plugs with a spark plug socket after the ignition coils have been taken out, and then just check to see how they look.

Thanks, don't worry about it for now. I have the instructions and they look pretty clear. All I have left is the tank and whatever I find under there. Hopefully that's it.

ask DTM Brian about the power commander he all so does DYNO so talk to him. You can download a map from online that could work for your bike with the set up you have

Haven't gotten it tuned or planned on it, but I probably should once everything is in place, assuming I stop the original bogging issue.

I will check it out.

A pre-made map may not fix it due to the fact that every bike is different. When I got my 07 tuned by brian, my map was suppose to be close to what I had and we had to start from scratch. Best best is to install the PC3, take it to DTM and get two runs to test Air/Fuel ratios. That will tell you where you are and need to be with graphs/numbers etc.