Neighbor hood houses getting robbed

JStump

HoA wont evict them for this....if they did, it would take forever and a day to do so....first they will send a warning about too many vehicles being parked there (if they even go this far, they may just ignore you and say that since the cars arent there permanently theres nothing they can do)....after a few warnings they might send them a small fine....after awhile the fines will get a bit bigger....in an extreme case they could then put a lien against the house and give more warnings, and then maybe finally foreclose them

also, if a house goes into foreclosure, it can take almost two years to get them out from the date of the foreclosure...its like 500-600 days or something

if the HoA was out to get them, it would still probably take a few years to get them foreclosed, plus another 2 years to get them out after....i think you just need to suck it up and deal with your shitty neighbors....the only thing you can do about the break-ins and stolen property is talk to the authorities, theres nothing you can do about the traffic

if the HoA wants them out and is going for blood - expect at least 3-4 years before they are gone....and since that doesnt even appear to be the case, i wouldnt get your hopes up

i have some shitty neighbors too, trust me, i know how this works unfortunately

Edited by Steve Butters

OK,, if my previous response was a bit too severe, try this one..

1.) go to pay phone.

2.) call 911.

3.) claim someone is Over dosing at problem house.

4.) Wait to police to show up, I assume if drug use is this prevalent, it will be all over the place in plain sight.

5.) watch people get arrested.

6.) enjoy peaceful neighbourhood again..

OK,, if my previous response was a bit too severe, try this one..

1.) go to pay phone.

2.) call 911.

3.) claim someone is Over dosing at problem house.

4.) Wait to police to show up, I assume if drug use is this prevalent, it will be all over the place in plain sight.

5.) watch people get arrested.

6.) enjoy peaceful neighbourhood again..

7. go to jail for making false emergency call.

8. surprise buttsecks.

just looked out the window and saw 2 sheriffs talking to someone at the door of the kids house, lets see what happens :popcorn:

edit: they did what they always do, talked for 2 minutes then walked away, I swear the sheriffs are not good for anything around here.

Edited by JStump

Well obviously they were there for a reason, they didn't even talk to the kid at all! If they would have said one word to him I bet he would have shit his pants and given them reason to look in the house.

Get yourself a video camera with a nice zoom lens. Film as many of the transactions as you can. Give the video to the police.

Already done that, well my dad has and they didn't do anything. They claimed they would look into it but we never saw anything come of it. He got a good 35 cars in one day on camera but they didn't do shit. The cop who got robbed has been taking down plate numbers and having his buddy run them to see if they came back with drug charges in the past hoping to find a pattern in some of the cars that come through but he just started. Im telling you these sheriff don't give a shit.

Its just so irritating, I mean I didn't really care much that they sold drugs cuz I wasn't affected other then the occasional time I was blocked in the driveway. But now that they are stealing things and from what I hear he has stolen drugs from guys in cleveland who are out to get him, I am honestly afraid something is going to happen and since I live right next door, I mean I could spit on his house from my window thats how close we are, it really bothers me that me or my family will be involved in this somehow.

Edited by JStump

But now that they are stealing things

How do you know that for for sure? Do you have proof, or is it just gossip?

I'm not saying this guy is a nobel peace prize candidate - I'm just saying that you're focusing on him and making absolute statements without any apparent proof and you may be wasting your energies on him (the burglaries may have been someone else)

yes, like I said earlier, the cop paid a kid to scope out the place and he came back with descriptions of tis, blu ray players, nail guns, copper wire and other things that have been stolen from the 2 houses.

That being true, and coming from an ex-cop, I'm stumped why they wouldn't investigate. Although I have a couple of blue-ray players, nails guns, copper wire etc and I didn't break in to the houses in your neighborhood.

That being true, and coming from an ex-cop, I'm stumped why they wouldn't investigate. Although I have a couple of blue-ray players, nails guns, copper wire etc and I didn't break in to the houses in your neighborhood.

but do you have the specific brands that were stolen and are they just sitting in your hallway? or are they being used and in their proper places? like in a living room or garage. Like I said, the sheriffs around here don't give a damn, they respond to calls just because its there job but don't put any effort into investigating.

ok....not that im trying to rag on you and call you a liar etc etc

but i find it very hard to take you seriously at this point.....you make a complaint, then you get suggestions, and all the sudden theyre something you have already tried and then theres more information added to make the story even worse

it reminds me of that game kids play where you say a phrase and then whisper it to the next kid etc etc and by the time it gets to the end its totally different

kid1: i think he steals stuff and sells weed

kid2: he steals stuff and he shoots up heroin

kid3: he steals stuff and he has people over doing drugs all day

kid4: he steals stuff and has 35 plus people all stop by for 3 minutes to buy drugs

kid5: he steals stuff and sells a ton of drugs all day and theres other drug dealers after him and my family is in danger

sorry if im a little skeptical, but i feel like were either not getting the whole story or we are getting a story that is embellished by your (justified) frustration at the events.

i would not like living near him either, espeically if theres a possibility he is breaking into houses....but your story went from something small to something you would read about in a book made for a lifetime movie

So 2 of my neighbors houses have been robbed in the past week or so and the general consensus of all the neighbors is that the kid who sells weed out of his house is the one doing it cuz he has been seen loading tv's and things into a van and taking them places and one of the people who was robbed paid a kid $100 to act like he wanted to buy weed from him so he could scope out his house and he saw stuff that had been stolen. They think he is addicted to crack or something so he is selling this stuff for a fix.

I live on a cul-de-sac so I always thought someone would see this happening and stop to or call the cops but it has happened twice and no one saw anything. Any advice?

ok so right here youre saying that nobody is calling and complaining, nobody ever sees anything, and you "think" the kid is the one doing it

the kid stole from a cop, I dont think a sign is gonna do any good. Plus he is addicted to heroine supposedly so he will probably try anything to get his fix.

now hes a heroin addict trying to get his fix, not just a drug dealing tv thief...and you no longer "think" he robbed the cop, you know he did

I just got a knock on the door from the other neighbor who was robbed asking us to fill out a complaint form against the neighbor for the crazy traffic on the street from all the drug deals that are going down, she said 4 of the other neighbors already filled them out so maybe we can get them evicted cuz the whole street is fed up. It's not much but maybe it will work.

now theres neighbors complaining with you but before they never saw anything and nobody was noticing stuff etc....theyre now angry about the come-and-go traffic due to all the drug deals

Its not the landlord, its the housing association and its not the amount of visitors its the fact they are always blocking driveways and clogging up the street to the point people are being late to work, people will go over there and do drugs all day long and just leave there car parked mostly in the middle of the street because there are so many of them. Also at any point in time there are 2-4 "families" living there because they get kicked out and just move in with the druggies. I do not wanna sound like a hypocrite because I enjoy my fair share of herb so its not against them smoking, its the fact they are doing harder drugs all the time and attracting the worst kinds of people.

so the visitors for the drug deals are now clogging up the street and making people late for work. they are also sticking around to do drugs all day. youre also sure theyre doing hard drugs now not just weed deals.

actually, half of the cars belong to the "families" living there I mentioned in the last post I edited.

and no hard proof but when 30+ cars stop by there in a day, the kid walks out and hands stuff through the window in exchange for money and they leave all with in like 3 minutes they are definitely dealing. I had a couple friends who would go over there and smoke on occasion before it got to the point it is now and they have told me they definitely sell, it was just on a much smaller scale back then so it wasn't a problem.

now youre saying the cars stay there for no longer than 3 minutes so the quick drug deals can go down, what happened to them staying around all day to shoot up heroin?

Already done that, well my dad has and they didn't do anything. They claimed they would look into it but we never saw anything come of it. He got a good 35 cars in one day on camera but they didn't do shit. The cop who got robbed has been taking down plate numbers and having his buddy run them to see if they came back with drug charges in the past hoping to find a pattern in some of the cars that come through but he just started. Im telling you these sheriff don't give a shit.

Its just so irritating, I mean I didn't really care much that they sold drugs cuz I wasn't affected other then the occasional time I was blocked in the driveway. But now that they are stealing things and from what I hear he has stolen drugs from guys in cleveland who are out to get him, I am honestly afraid something is going to happen and since I live right next door, I mean I could spit on his house from my window thats how close we are, it really bothers me that me or my family will be involved in this somehow.

now you mention that your dad has been recording this stuff, but only after the suggestion was mentioned....just seems a little convenient and it doesnt add up of why there hasnt been an investigation. "the sheriffs dont give a shit" is not a valid excuse.

you also now have a story about some people from cleveland out to get him, and now youre worried about your and your familys safety and stuff, but that wasnt mentioned at all in the original post, you were simply worried about your stuff

yes, like I said earlier, the cop paid a kid to scope out the place and he came back with descriptions of tis, blu ray players, nail guns, copper wire and other things that have been stolen from the 2 houses.

again - if an ex cop saw his stolen stuff inside someones house...there would for sure be legal consequences....some stuff that looks suspicious isnt enough to warrant the police busting down the door....so im going out on a limb and saying the cop didnt see anything solid enough to prove

and i apologize if im completely off-base with this....but i know i cant be the only person thinking this

Edited by Steve Butters

Im not going to dispute all of that, It has been little stuff going on for the past 4 years or so and for me to remember all that has happened and put it in a single post is impossible, but as people bring things up I have added to what has been done that I have remembered. You can believe me or not but thats what is happening. No one has seen him doing the act of stealing but people have seen him loading things that fit the description of stolen things into cars. He has been doing drugs for the past 4 years, mostly weed which is when my friends would go over and smoke with him but after he started doing harder stuff they quit going over and thats when people started moving in and taking up the whole street with cars. There are still people who come in and out through out the day though staying for like 3 minutes or less. I know he was the one stealing because of the proof that was found in the house. The neighbors are complaining about the traffic because it is the only thing they can PROVE is going on that could POSSIBLY get them kicked out. They are angry about more than that but nothing they can prove on film or anything. The only thing they have is a kid who was paid to go into the house which isn't exactly legal. My dad was recording traffic about a year ago but after nothing happened with the tape he quit, he has always been trying to get them in trouble for drugs cuz he gets bored i think.

Well I said I wasn't going to refute all of that but I ended up doing it anyway. Take it or leave it I don't really care but thats what is happening. I know it sounds like I keep making more and more shit up but honest to god this is happening, like I said, it would be impossible for me to remember everything to put in the first post cuz it has been going on for years not and it is only just now adding up to something substantial.

Edited by JStump

Well I said I wasn't going to refute all of that but I ended up doing it anyway. Take it or leave it I don't really care but thats what is happening. I know it sounds like I keep making more and more shit up but honest to god this is happening, like I said, it would be impossible for me to remember everything to put in the first post cuz it has been going on for years not and it is only just now adding up to something substantial.

no worries - just wasnt adding up thats all....wasnt aware this had been an ongoing problem over the course of several years...i got the impression from your posts that it all had been recent

honestly though - your neighbors are wasting their time trying to get them kicked out for traffic....might get them a fine and maybe teach them to control the cars a bit better....but they wont get booted for it

goodluck getting rid of them - if its as horrible as you say it is, you may be better off finding somewhere better to live, because youre not going to get rid of them (lawfully)

Edited by Steve Butters

haha no, ever since they moved in like 5 years ago it has been an issue to some of the neighbors, my dad included, but most of them were like me and didn't really care cuz it wasn't hurting anyone. But now that stuff has been happening it has everyone on edge and wanting them out.

I think stump is pissed that his old dealer raised prices on him right after he spent all that money on a Triumph

i agree.

thats why he made a personal attack against the quality of the weed calling it shitty....stumpylumpy, you dont need to yell at the weed, man, your anger is with the dealer not the product

haha actually I never bought weed from him out of fear my dad would catch me but I have smoked the stuff my friends got from him and it was awful. I actually haven't smoked in over a month because I have been trying to get a job at the Sherwin Willaims corporate headquarters doing System Administration, which I got a few days ago, and didn't want to get busted. And now that I have that job I am definitely moving out but the rest of my family won't be cuz they can't afford anything else, we have lived here for 20 years so the payment is the same as it was 20 years ago which is way cheaper than any house that is out there now. Plus it really isn't a bad neighborhood, the ONLY problem is this kid.

Edited by JStump

Holly crap guys, I'm not kidding here.

A Blanket Party is the absolute answer for this dude.

A couple of Louisville Sluggers, correctly placed multiple times does wonders :cry:

I have first hand knowledge on how well one of these parties work, don't ask me how I know so much, I'll pleed the 5th.

Don't shake your heads here, selling drugs cancels your civil rights in my book. Deal with it.

Ride safe all.

Greg

I would do a walk through of your house with a digital camcorder and make special attention of high dollar items like jewelry and electronics. Keep receipts if possible somewhere safe. Also, a good alarm system or a well trained dog go a long way towards preventing a home invasion. As far as the bike...full coverage and an alarm with gps tracking. Keep a copy of the digital video somewhere safe...preferably out of the house (or in the house in a fire proof safe) as this is also good to have in case of a house fire as well.

+1 for that idea, im walking around my house right now with my camera, thanks you. I dont have an alarm or a dog, but i have a really bright light and a .40 right next to me.

dear your neighborhood,

quit being pussies and go kick the motherfuckers ass and get your shit back. you have a cop on your side, if that can't be explained with a decent story to cover your asses well then please continue to sit by idly and get your shit stolen. If the sherriffs aren't gonna do anything about it this would be where vigilante justice seems fitting. If they won't handle him, why would they bother to deal with an ass beating?

Sincerely,

kid that lived in the ghetto and dealt with this same scenario