StarBoyz busted in Ohio

ReconRat

Thats what I was wondering :confused:

asphalt is a strange beast. Once its cooled and re heated its very easy to tear it up (i.e somthing as easy as your motorcycle kick stand sinking in on a hot day) Setting fire to an asphalt road will very easily tear it up, just letting traffic drive over it while its still hot, Let alone doing burnouts and all other types of nonsense these guys perform. If you look at asphalt even where there has been a car fire, it will certainly cause that asphalt to sink or settle more, causing cracks.

EDIT:

After reading the article and hearing they had to mill the road in that spot, im not suprised by any means of 15k worth of damage. To have a milling maching come in and mill a section is very expensive. I belive the local asphalt companys around here charge around a 1000 set up fee just to bring there equipment in and get going.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I don't know much about them, and I'm not defending them. However, lets say a salvage shop parts out engines on bikes that have major frame damage on CL or ebay. Do they list the serial? I'm sure the CL add didn't say "STOLEN R6 ENGINE $1500." After you buy the engine for $1500 and receive it, then what? Call the cops if the SN is ground off and lose out on your money? They most probably knew at that point though and just thought "Oh well, I'm going to blow it up anyway."

• 2 months later...
Even without fire, burnouts can dig into asphalt pretty easily.

Someone celebrated a win in the paddock at summit, and they left I nice deep trench from their burnout. $15k for supplies, transport of equipment, and labor sounds about right to me.

no burnouts can not dig into the asphalt... its a rubber tire it adds to the asphalt bud....

no burnouts can not dig into the asphalt... its a rubber tire it adds to the asphalt bud....

disagree. the material gets slung out of the way, and the tires will eat up the asphalt and kick it out leaving a ditch where the tire was

asphalt is very weak and shitty material....its only used because its cheap to repair and resurface, and freeways and high traffic areas have concrete poured under the asphalt to give it strength

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At4E6A1YMQQ

watch that video - at the end you can see a small ditch where it dug down before he started to walk it in circles....and thats a crappy knob tire - a street bike will tear up asphalt a lot easier

while some light burnouts will indeed just leave rubber on the road - if its a standing burnout and the asphalt heats up enough, it will begin to tear apart

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 1

disagree. the material gets slung out of the way, and the tires will eat up the asphalt and kick it out leaving a ditch where the tire was

asphalt is very weak and shitty material....its only used because its cheap to repair and resurface, and freeways and high traffic areas have concrete poured under the asphalt to give it strength

watch that video - at the end you can see a small ditch where it dug down before he started to walk it in circles....and thats a crappy knob tire - a street bike will tear up asphalt a lot easier

while some light burnouts will indeed just leave rubber on the road - if its a standing burnout and the asphalt heats up enough, it will begin to tear apart

when i used to stunt we never had that problem then again we were always moving not just sitting in one spot while doing burn outs

Edited by Linc5.0

05 stretched Yamaha

Always a sure sign of trouble. :nono:

and what trouble would that be? the fact that I like to drag race? i dont even own that bike anymore. i currently have two other sportbikes...one for turns and one for straight lines.... im sorry what do you ride?

and what trouble would that be? the fact that I like to drag race? i dont even own that bike anymore. i currently have two other sportbikes...one for turns and one for straight lines.... im sorry what do you ride?

Don't pay any attention to I.P. he thinks his shit don't stink because he rides a Ducati. Like most Ducati riders he has a little penis and can’t ride. He thinks anyone who can ride isn't doing it right because they aren't on a Ducati. He envies the skill most stunters possess and is just jealous.

• Upvote 1

i knew immediately he what he rode just by his stupid comment.... i have stunted, drag raced, and road raced motorcycles. I love people like him who think they know it all cus ive had and still have a stretched bike... sad really

They are a pretty predictable group to figure out, sad really. There is no way a Ducati rider will venture out to be able to understand what it takes to have real motorcycle experience.

• Upvote 1

If you Ducati riders didn't think you are better than other riders and try to dismiss them just because their bikes are different than yours you wouldn't have to keep defending yourselves. Just because you can't understand someone else’s choice of what they ride it isn't a good enough reason to assume that they are trouble. Why you got to be like that?

his r1 was pretty damn fast....i love that bike, wanted to buy it off him but by the time i had the money he had sold it to someone else....then i almost bought it off of larry awhile later...erik is a cool dude, not sure why youre coming down so hard on him for the type of bike he chooses to ride...ive seen him on a shit ton of different bikes, cars, etc

• Upvote 1

do people really consider a burnout a "stunt?"

I appreciate the skill it takes to do certain stunts, and I have nothing against risking your own ass in a parking lot where no one else is being put in danger, but burnouts are just a spectacle.

if doing a burnout is a stunt, so is having a fancy paint job, or a loud exhaust. It draws attention, but anyone can do it...

do people really consider a burnout a "stunt?"

I appreciate the skill it takes to do certain stunts, and I have nothing against risking your own ass in a parking lot where no one else is being put in danger, but burnouts are just a spectacle.

if doing a burnout is a stunt, so is having a fancy paint job, or a loud exhaust. It draws attention, but anyone can do it...

Closet Ducati lover, want to be hater.