Question On gen 4 Glock.. specifically the 23.

shadyone

So my brother and I had the same out look on Glocks. Ugly uncomfortable but going to shoot great. well he was looking to get the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact .40. but apparently they aren't out yet and he was tired of his gun fund burning a hole in his pocket.. so we went to the gun store and on the way he mentioned the gen 4 Glock 23 and how he thought they were a nice gun with the double recoil spring and different pattern on the grip. So we walk in and looking around he asks if they had one, they didn't so he handled the Glock 19.. same gun in 9mm. then he asked when they might be getting one in. and the dealer said that he wasn't sure but could obviously order one and it would be here next week. Then I heard him say OK I'll do that. OMG!!!! I never thought either of us would ever buy a Glock. but to tell you the truth I'm kinda eager to shoot it. not sure if he got a good deal it was $530 OTD.

Now for the important part. I thought I had heard about some problems with the early models. Are there any problems now? and how many have shot a new Glock gen 4. and what was your take on it?

Thanks A.J.

LGS was old English in tipp city

Edited by shadyone
add place bought...

That's not a bad price. LEO's can them without night sights for $394.00. the problem with the 9mm Gen 4 Glocks was, it shares the same recoil spring as the 40 cal. And some people that shoot light loads out of their guns, where experiencing problems. Glock has fixed this problem. you're going to love your Glock. Oh yeah, I'm a Glock Armorer, for my PD.*

idodishez.. the glock gen 4 has a duel recoil spring unlike your glock gen 3. Like stated above Im eager to shoot it. and one reason why he bought it was because what else is there out there for that price. we have shot Smiths and I hated it he was neutral. HKs were out of his price range, he has a ruger P90, his girlfiend has a Kimber, I've got a Taurus. He is against the Springfield XDm 3.8 for some reason that he couldn't come up with. and he liked the sig but went with the Glock.. IDK? we will have to see how it shoots.

Early Gen4 model owners have had their weak springs replaced by Glock. I believe the issue was recognized and replacments made available in the spring. If it's new at a store it should be good to go at this point.

That said I'm on the hunt for a Gen4 19 myself. Almost had myself talked into a

XD9-3.8SC But couldn't do it due to being infected by Glockitis.

I will for sure be posting up a review as soon as I get to shoot it. and I'm glad to hear they worked out the problem. seems like the enginerds assumed the spring could interchange instead of testing it.. hahaha o well. i just hope i dont catch this Glockitis.. And my choice for handgun if i was buying today would be the Spring field XDm 3.8..

The Gen 3 and previous 19s share a recoil spring with the 23s and they are all flawless; and the Gen 3 26s share a dual recoil spring with the 27s and they are all flawless, so I'm not sure exactly how Glock screwed up the dual recoil spring on the mid-size Gen 4s.

But yeah, the problem should be resolved on any new stock guns, and as far as I know it was only a problem on the 19 (9mm), not the 23 (.40SW).

$530 is an acceptable non-LE price. I see them on sale as low as $460 sometimes.

Glocks are excellent, I had a 19 that I wish I had kept "so does my son". I now carry/shoot a Springfield XD9 sub-compact which I like and shoot much better. Glocks and Springfield XD's are 2 gun companies that are about as good as it gets for the money, and for the gun going bang pretty much no matter what.

The Gen 3 and previous 19s share a recoil spring with the 23s and they are all flawless; and the Gen 3 26s share a dual recoil spring with the 27s and they are all flawless, so I'm not sure exactly how Glock screwed up the dual recoil spring on the mid-size Gen 4s.

But yeah, the problem should be resolved on any new stock guns, and as far as I know it was only a problem on the 19 (9mm), not the 23 (.40SW).

$530 is an acceptable non-LE price. I see them on sale as low as $460 sometimes.

o OK I got ya I just assumed all the gen 4 would have the duel and the gen 3s didn't. thanks for the clarification. and Im glad to see that he didn't get screwed by jumping the gun on it. something to say about not haveing to deal with internet hassle or searching for deals just to save a little bit of cash.

o OK I got ya I just assumed all the gen 4 would have the duel and the gen 3s didn't. thanks for the clarification. and Im glad to see that he didn't get screwed by jumping the gun on it. something to say about not haveing to deal with internet hassle or searching for deals just to save a little bit of cash.

All the Gen 4 do have the dual spring, I may not have been clear about that in my earlier post.

The problems with the Gen 4 were limited, as far as I know, to the 9mm Glocks; so his .40 should be fine in two ways - 1) it isn't a 9; and 2) it's current production so any issues Glock thought they might have had which were manifested by the 9 have been cleared up