Picture of your motorcycles....POST EM' UP

BornSinner

More and more I am loving that military green!

Thanks. I don't want to blow my own horn or anything, but the picture really does it no justice either. The matte finish looks much better in real life. I was very leery when i first sprayed the parts but after having it back together I love it.

Here she is in all her Pink glory. A 1982 Suzuki GS450L. This is the bike I bought my wife to learn to ride on. I paid $700 for it and it was sizzle can painted Maroon, rusted out pipes, covered with mud, cobwebs, and oil.

The PO had attempted to strip the side covers to polish them. He stripped them ok but the polish? Not so much. Over the winter I bought NOS covers on eBay, new petcock, windshield, sissybar & rack, and front tire.

Earlier this spring we were in Iron Pony and she saw this metalic pink pearl HJC helmet and loved it. She bought it and I took it into Ohio Auto Kolor and had some PPG paint color matched to the helmet. I contacted the company that makes Color Shock decals and had them custom make some Breast Cancer decals for me.

I found a better tank on eBay for $30. I took it to StreetWerks and had it media blasted to bare steel. The graphic artitst at my office spray it for me.

The weekend she took her MSF class I spenthe days cleaning 28 years of dirt and grime off the bike and reassembling it for her. I kept it covered while she was home so she had no idea what I was doing. When she got home Sunday night and told me she passed, I unvelied the bike for her.

She loved it!! Yeah, it's pink, but it looks 90% brand new, showroom clean, and runs like a top.

Let's just say that night was "berry berry go to me"!!

So, here she is in all her Pink glory and no, it's not secretly mine. I own the GS850 in my signature and an 06 ZG1000 Concours.

Well, I don't know what's going on but it won't upload the pics. It says it did but obviuosly not. Once I can figure this out I'll post em again.

Sorry!!

Edited by Jcarlson

Here she is in all her Pink glory. A 1982 Suzuki GS450L. This is the bike I bought my wife to learn to ride on. I paid $700 for it and it was sizzle can painted Maroon, rusted out pipes, covered with mud, cobwebs, and oil.

The PO had attempted to strip the side covers to polish them. He stripped them ok but the polish? Not so much. Over the winter I bought NOS covers on eBay, new petcock, windshield, sissybar & rack, and front tire.

Earlier this spring we were in Iron Pony and she saw this metalic pink pearl HJC helmet and loved it. She bought it and I took it into Ohio Auto Kolor and had some PPG paint color matched to the helmet. I contacted the company that makes Color Shock decals and had them custom make some Breast Cancer decals for me.

I found a better tank on eBay for $30. I took it to StreetWerks and had it media blasted to bare steel. The graphic artitst at my office spray it for me.

The weekend she took her MSF class I spenthe days cleaning 28 years of dirt and grime off the bike and reassembling it for her. I kept it covered while she was home so she had no idea what I was doing. When she got home Sunday night and told me she passed, I unvelied the bike for her.

She loved it!! Yeah, it's pink, but it looks 90% brand new, showroom clean, and runs like a top.

Let's just say that night was "berry berry go to me"!!

So, here she is in all her Pink glory and no, it's not secretly mine. I own the GS850 in my signature and an 06 ZG1000 Concours.

Ray_Can_t_See_Shit.jpg

• 4 weeks later...