Need someone to change tires

roxynoodle

I was wondering if anyone in my area (NW Ohio) is willing to help me change my tires. I will pay you for this service, of course. I need them mounted and balanced. I don't yet have appropriate stands (single sided swingarm bike) so we will need to be a bit creative. May have to do the rear first, put it back on and then tie the bike back on the centerstand. I also don't have the tools to mount and balance the tires. I'm being quoted like $120 for this from both dealerships and independent bike shops.

I figured there might be someone in my area that could help and make a bit of money since you've already invested in the tools.

I still need to order the new tires, but figured maybe I should shop around first for someone to change them.

Any help is very much appreciated:)

$120! Hell for that much take the tires off the bike, dirve to IP in Columbus buy new tires and last I knew it was $25 for mounting and balancing if you buy the tires there. Otherwise bring the bike and new tire to London and I'll change them for you. Better yet, I'll teach you to change them. We can always balance them on the axel till you get someone to do a better job, if needed.

Isn't Hilliard in Columbus? I'm hoping to find someone a bit closer. I've been watching some videos and toying with changing them myself. I'm not sure I should take the chance of ruining my rim though as a first time tire changer:D If I came to Hilliard I'd have to bring the truck in order to transport the wheels and the new tires, which would cost me quite a bit in gas. I don't want to ride 2 hours with 2 tires around my waist, lol!

It's not that hard.. I just did my first one a little over a month ago... I got 2 tire bars from harbor frieght.. I cut out 3 plastic squares from old 5qt oil bottles to use between the bars and rim.. and furniture polish to lube the tire.... was actually easier than I thought... Just make sure to line up the valve stem dot... I also balanced my tire on the bike...