Fuel Economy

C-bus

919 gets 45mpg consistently, mostly daily city riding. Higher speeds on the open roads seems to get a bit better, but not always. Haven't checked the new 919, it's geared up on the front sprocket to run lower rpms. I need to do that.

I figured you'd like that one! :lol:

I'm pretty much out of the fuel mileage discussion for the most part, since my commute was just reduced to about 4 or 5 miles each way! :D

Nice... new job or new house?

DL650 got 53mpg on last 3 tanks. Only on back roads stopping and starting a lot....less than 2 miles between stops. Commutting between barns. I would say that is great. Does have 16 tooth front sprocket with bigger ME880 rear tire

Klr650 ~40 mpg

My DL650 (pre-engine mods) got 53mpg consistently with the 16 tooth front, unless I was riding 70+ on the highway, where it would drop into the high 40's. Now that it's cammed and piped with a K&N and power commander, I have no idea what it will get.

The Speed Triple gets 35-40.

• 1 month later...

Victory Crossroads... spent some time in Hocking Hills over to Athens yesterday. Averaged 48 MPG through the twistiest with some highway (33 to Logan). Not bad at all!

89 Yamaha fj1200 gets about 45 . if you hyper mile with it you can get 55+ hyper-miling works great!
I get about 45mpg on my yamaha fj1200, then I hyper mile it so I can get up to 60 mpg hyper-miling.

forget you posted?