Fuel Economy

C-bus

2006 600rr -Not riding hard and +2 in the rear I'm usually 35-40. Spirited rides drop that to 28-30.

Good idea on the thread.

i love that my 600r was LBTS to the point I never got better than 30mpg and this was 90% of the time keeping it under 6k rpms

While searching for my next bike, I'm finding it difficult to find good data about the fuel economy. Not important to some, but it is to me as I would have difficulty justifying a jump to a less efficient bike. Without embellishments, what kind of mileage do you get? I'd like to start a reference thread here.

You need to take size of rider into consideration and type of riding.

I'm 6'4" 285

KLR650 45-48mpg on road, 35-42 off

KTM950SE 40-43mpg mixed on and off. It's never on the road that much. :D

V-strom dl1000 (3 up on the rear) 40-45 on road

not really sure. i can go about 160~ miles on a tank of premium. someone should figure that out, im not sure how big my tank is.

I get 50-53mi a gal with my bike, take is 4.2gal so I "should" be able to go

over 200mi on a tank but I always refill when I get anywhere above 160, guess I'm chicken ;)

DL650, 57mpg from the most recent tank of gas. 15 mile commute to & from work, plus a few light errands around on the weekend.

My XT225 gets about 72 mpg IF I ride it on the road or around town enough to consider it "road mileage". :-)

I had a Vulcan 500 that got 49 mpg for the same usage as the DL650.

Edited by palandor

Was getting crappy mileage, 37, 39mpg; did the valves, new plugs, throttle bodies synced, fluids, now at 41-42, which is about spec for my ride. Still not so hot for a bike.

Big tank, though. Light comes at 240-250 miles from a full tank. *Supposed* to be about 3/4 gallon available at that point. I did about 25 miles once with the light on, once, but I was getting anxious. I usually try to tank up no later than 220 or so.

• 7 months later...

So as not to thread jack

From previous thread

I fill it to full and the last time I put 3.381 gallons of premium after 158 miles and that was when my reserve was switched. I just put a new speedo on it that's in miles vs the previous one in Kilometers, I used a conversion app to figure out how many miles I had went. I have only filled up once since I got the bike, so how consistent that will be idk

2006 600rr -Not riding hard and +2 in the rear I'm usually 35-40. Spirited rides drop that to 28-30.

Good idea on the thread.

i love that my 600r was LBTS to the point I never got better than 30mpg and this was 90% of the time keeping it under 6k rpms

Glad I am not the only one with shitty MPG lol

I just did 120 miles on my dr 350 filled the tank and it took 1.76 gals. So it is some where over 60+mpg. The triumph is getting around 35-38mpg. But my car gets around 30mpg. so it gets picked over the speedtriple some days.

Triumphs must just run rich, I looked on fuelly and the average for these bikes is around 35mpg. Kinda strange though when liter bikes and busas are getting 40+.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jstumpalump150/daytona-600

Edited by JStump

Uh oh. I'm only getting 50-55 on the 250. Running out of excuses to keep the little bike. Although, the majority of my riding is on the freeway where it's running within I'd say 15% (or less) of it's top end.

you cant handle anything bigger, its ok we understand

Uh oh. I'm only getting 50-55 on the 250. Running out of excuses to keep the little bike. Although, the majority of my riding is on the freeway where it's running within I'd say 15% (or less) of it's top end.

Yeah, highway kills the gas mileage on the 250, I could get 65 or 70 in town but only 45 highway. The 250 is pretty much pegged at highway speeds.