Those with GoPro cameras, I have questions for you...

Casper

im so glad you posted this because I wanna finally get my go pro set up and ready to go for our upcoming gap trip :D

oh and I have a Motorsports SD with the suction mount, I just don't know how much I trust it

im so glad you posted this because I wanna finally get my go pro set up and ready to go for our upcoming gap trip :D

oh and I have a Motorsports SD with the suction mount, I just don't know how much I trust it

Exactly why I posted. :D

I thought about getting the chest harness for it also, and just walking around everywhere with the camera on. :lol:

Are they permanent? Pics of yours mounted?

Not permanent, but not a simple peel wont get them off either... Needs some heat..

here is a pic

racebike.jpg

Here is a pic of when I used the suction cup.. Hard to use on the track because you bonk your head on it when you try and tuck

Jennings023.jpg

That being said, I bought these for my new race bike... It works pretty well and doesn't have to stick to anything! http://www.jenningsgp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19989

Edited by Dubguy85

I have the GP Hero Wide motorsports. I tried the suction mount and it didn't work well. The vibration would take it off after a few laps. I use the "J" 3m mount on the windscreen and the regular mounts everywhere else. I need to get some new 3m tape as I've taken them off the old bodywork and I don't trust them to just push on and go again.

To do it now, I would get the GP Motorsports HD having seen how much better the video is from mine vs nate's.

i use the 3m mounts.. they dont come off that bad when you want to remove them.

but they arent as bulky as the suction mount, and you can put them in alot of places and swap the camera to each mount.

iron pony has a grab bag of mounts you can get for under $20 if you want more, or different mounting options.

Motorsports. The suction mount works well INSIDE the car. Haven't tried it on the outside. I use the handlebar mount on the bike. Works well.

No pics right now.

Casper. You haz one? If not you can borrow mine but I need it next weekend for Peletonia.

I know people have used the Go Pro successfully, but I never found a way to mount mine on the bike without having killer vibration blur the video or still shots. And yet I've run other cameras just fine without the problems.

I used the suction cup mount on the front fender with a safety strap, thinking that the front forks would not travel far enough to knock it loose. I was wrong, and knocked it so it pointed down at the ground, at the end of the driveway, entering the street.

edit: oops, yeah, the Motosports kit

Edited by ReconRat

I know people have used the Go Pro successfully, but I never found a way to mount mine on the bike without having killer vibration blur the video or still shots. And yet I've run other cameras just fine without the problems.

I used the suction cup mount on the front fender with a safety strap, thinking that the front forks would not travel far enough to knock it loose. I was wrong, and knocked it so it pointed down at the ground, at the end of the driveway, entering the street.

here is a picture of the mount that I use on the bike, same one that dubguy posted the link to. Helps a ton to reduce vibration.

31.jpg

here is a picture of the mount that I use on the bike, same one that dubguy posted the link to. Helps a ton to reduce vibration.

Looks good. Short and solid mounts work best. I ended up located on center line of the bike, at the handlebars. Still had vibration. Used another camera, and it worked very good in that location. Gave up trying to get the GoPro to work. I prefer cameras that have the anti-shake feature.

edit: I should go back and look it over. It acts like the camera is loose inside the clear plastic case.

Wouldn't take much movement to shake and blur.

Edited by ReconRat

shouldn't be loose enough to rattle that much. i'd venture to say it's the mount that's rattling. the new GoPros include a rubber boot that you insert into the mount/clip that secures it better.

if you don't have that, another trick is a small corner of a paper towel and putting it between the mount and the clip.

Does no one use Contour? Bought a gopro last year. Just didn't like the bulky looks of it. Took it back

Hoping to get this contour before Putnam this month. Anyone have any experience w it?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=120759789731

I know brandon and a lot of the AFJ guys use the contour. I believe KTM-Brian went with the contour unit. Hit Brandon up on the Contour unit, he will give you a good price.

I know brandon and a lot of the AFJ guys use the contour. I believe KTM-Brian went with the contour unit. Hit Brandon up on the Contour unit, he will give you a good price.

I actually tried to buy Brandons used one, but he wouldn't come off it until he gets a gps model:). I had just spent about $400 w him, so couldn't swing a new one