Those with GoPro cameras, I have questions for you...

Casper

Does no one use Contour? Bought a gopro last year. Just didn't like the bulky looks of it. Took it back

Hoping to get this contour before Putnam this month. Anyone have any experience w it?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=120759789731

The contour is about the same size as a gopro. I hear they are nice and the gps ones are amazing.

yep I got served by amazon. They are now on sale for the $150. The cheapest i could do is $150+ shipping,but amazon got me there too. CONTOUR FTW!

Thought I told u nit to match web pricing:). That said, u gotta deal!:). Was toying w the eBay stuff, but would much rather get from u. Can I get next week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The contour is about the same size as a gopro. I hear they are nice and the gps ones are amazing.

I think the gopros make your helmet look something from outer space. Contours seem to be more "bullet cam" style and blend in more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On the front of the windscreen using a self-adhesive mount.

picture.php?albumid=503&pictureid=14398

picture.php?albumid=503&pictureid=14397

picture.php?albumid=503&pictureid=14396

With the mount being flat and the screen curved, does there seem to be enough surface area of the 3m sticky pad touching the screen? I looked at doing it that way, but was a bit worried about the contact area.

Right now I have it suctioned to the front fairing. It seems pretty damn sturdy. I plan on rigging up a tether just in case it lets loose.

one adapter would make it not sideways or just find a flat spot on the front

That's what I said.

They curve long ways, however, so the camera would be mounted sideways. There is another mount which would bring it right side up, however Rosso isn't using it.

He's not using the adapter though, hence my question.

I'm getting tired and have a habit of only half reading. lol

I have seen the suction cups on tail sections doing 140mph without falling off. I just don't trust my luck with any of them. I plan on running safety wire with a safety pin for a just in case.

With the mount being flat and the screen curved, does there seem to be enough surface area of the 3m sticky pad touching the screen? I looked at doing it that way, but was a bit worried about the contact area.

Right now I have it suctioned to the front fairing. It seems pretty damn sturdy. I plan on rigging up a tether just in case it lets loose.

The 3M is some powerful tape, it held pretty good but just in case I glued

the pad in place and the bracket that snapps into it. The glue on the bracket

helps stop noise on the recording from vibration of the bracket in the mount.

It doesn't look real pretty with the glue and of course it's pretty permanent

but it doesn't bother me.

I'm getting tired and have a habit of only half reading. lol

I have seen the suction cups on tail sections doing 140mph without falling off. I just don't trust my luck with any of them. I plan on running safety wire with a safety pin for a just in case.

LOL.

Yeah, I plan on making some sort of tether for that "oh shit" moment when the camera falls off. :lol:

i finally found the perfect place to mount mine...now I just need to figure out how to get the image to flip since the camera is mounted upside down. And also how to get it to record :lol:

Most video editing software can 180 the footage easy enough, you'll likely be editing it anyway.

BAD324- there is a setting on the camera to flip the image if mounted upside down.

reads UP or UPd on the settings menu. i guess that would help before shooting said video lol

true that, I just have an older SD motorsports version so I'm tryin to figure out what options it actually does have. Got it cheap and only played with it once so I need to trouble shoot that this weekend

I use RAM balls with an aluminum stalk on the camera...

IMG_5099.jpg

Kills all of the vibrations.

RAM mounted on the BMW's brake resevoir...

IMG_2018Large.jpg

RAM on the ST's tip over wing...

IMG_9122Large.jpg

IMG_9121Large.jpg

Also made an rear axle mount for my Duc - pretty cool view angle.

Video from axle mount...

http://vimeo.com/11790090

Edited by Earache