Edelweiss Motorcycle Tours

Casper

www.edelweissbike.com

Anybody ever take one of their tours?

I'm thinking about doing one of their Alps tours. That would be incredible. Kinda pricey, about $4200 for a week including airfare round-trip from Columbus to Munich. It also includes the bike, hotel, etc. Looks like a helluva fun time.

Never heard of them.. I would much rather just go backpacking through Europe and make my own plans and do what I want... Last time I went to Europe everything I did was spur of the moment.. it was great... got bored in one country, and just jumped on a train to another country.. It was awesome...

Never heard of them.. I would much rather just go backpacking through Europe and make my own plans and do what I want... Last time I went to Europe everything I did was spur of the moment.. it was great... got bored in one country, and just jumped on a train to another country.. It was awesome...

Jumping on a train with a motorcycle would be interesting.......

Jumping on a train with a motorcycle would be interesting.......

its been done. see supercop with jackie chan. :)

craziest part is, she learned how to ride that thing like two days before they filmed it.

www.edelweissbike.com

Anybody ever take one of their tours?

I'm thinking about doing one of their Alps tours. That would be incredible. Kinda pricey, about $4200 for a week including airfare round-trip from Columbus to Munich. It also includes the bike, hotel, etc. Looks like a helluva fun time.

My wife told me I could do this when we go visit her mom + sis. Looks like a lot of fun . We are going in the summer of 09. She is also letting me plan the trip around the gp race in Bruno!! Can't wait. This is the only way I would go. :p

My wife told me I could do this when we go visit her mom + sis. Looks like a lot of fun . We are going in the summer of 09. She is also letting me plan the trip around the gp race in Bruno!! Can't wait. This is the only way I would go. :p

Really? That's the year Sinner and I are thinking about doing this. We should definitely coordinate this.

Lucky you didn't stay at any Hostel's! ;)

I'm really interested in doing this..............

It would be a great time I have in-laws all over eastern europe.And some of my own family in Ireland....."TT"race is there. I hear its moving to canada but that trip is also in the near furture ....And you no what they say the more the marrier. It would be fun to go over seas w/ more than just two ppl .Maybe even safer? I don't know my wife says its all in my head but whatever ..I still am a little worried about going there.We have not set any dates yet ....dragging ass a little Their still in-laws!!:p

I've been looking into this since the bike show. My buddy, myself, and my dad are looking at the alps&lakes tour for june 09. If that goes well, I'd like to do their germany, austria, italy/moto gp race tour the following year. Hell, I might even be able to put all those years of German in HS/College to use more than asking directions to the bathroom in the Frankfurt airport.

Lucky you didn't stay at any Hostel's! ;)

Actually I stayed in Hostels everywhere I went.

And one of the places I stopped was... Yep... BRATISLAVA... where Hostel supposedly takes place as well as Eurotrip.. my hostel in Bratislava looked like something out of Beruit.. You were fairly safe in Bratislava as long as you didnt cross the river..

Actually I stayed in Hostels everywhere I went.

And one of the places I stopped was... Yep... BRATISLAVA... where Hostel supposedly takes place as well as Eurotrip.. my hostel in Bratislava looked like something out of Beruit.. You were fairly safe in Bratislava as long as you didnt cross the river..

My wife grew up not far from there.

My wife grew up not far from there.

It was a really good time.. Cabbies are the shadiest people you will ever meet there. I hit up a small town about 2 hrs south of Vienna and then backpacked from Vienna -> Prague -> Budapest -> Bratislava -> Vienna and then flew home.

Did I mention that I did the entire trip SOLO... that made it quite a bit more interesting.

It was a really good time.. Cabbies are the shadiest people you will ever meet there. I hit up a small town about 2 hrs south of Vienna and then backpacked from Vienna -> Prague -> Budapest -> Bratislava -> Vienna and then flew home.

Did I mention that I did the entire trip SOLO... that made it quite a bit more interesting.

I guess to each their own, but going by yourself sounds quite boring... makes me picture you going to the movies by yourself, too.

I guess to each their own, but going by yourself sounds quite boring... makes me picture you going to the movies by yourself, too.

If you go by yourself there are no "witnesses" I wonder how many romanian prostitutes Flounder buried over there.

One day someone is going to uncover a mass grave of teenage boys and nobody will be able to tell on Flounder

Just proves how little you know about backpacking through Europe. I met people from all over the world in those hostels and some of them ended up coming with me to the different cities. That was the nice thing about it.. you just do what you want, whenever you want without a set schedule, If you get bored in 1 city or country, just jump on a train to the next one and meet more people. Hostels are like college bars of the travel world. I knew 1 girl from columbus who happened to be in England and she flew into Prague and we hung out for 2 days then went our separate ways. I ran into 3 girls from Upper Arlington in the Prague train station on my way to Budepest. Ran into a girl from my college while I was walking around Prague. Met 2 guys from NY at the hostel in Budepest and we all ended up partying for 3 days.. Funny fucking stories there like one drunk night, the one kid had to take a piss and decides to start pissing on some random building.. That building turned out to be the American Embassy in Prague.. woops.. I actually had beers with one of them about a year ago here in Columbus. I would actually hate to travel through Europe with more then 1-2 super close friends. There is just so much to do and so many people to meet, you limit yourself from the experiences traveling in large groups. My first night in Vienna I started the night in a bar 50ft below ground in an old wine cellar and partied with the locals most of the night ther until going to some super hardcore punk bar until 5am.. there is nothing better then NOT having a set schedule while your in Europe. If I went back again, I would love to go with just 1 of my closest friends and thats it.

I have more stories and pics then you could ever imagine from while I was there.

If you go by yourself there are no "witnesses" I wonder how many romanian prostitutes Flounder buried over there.

One day someone is going to uncover a mass grave of teenage boys and nobody will be able to tell on Flounder

It was VERY Interesting in some of those cities... :D:eek:;)

I can show you some pics and give you the stories offline.

It was VERY Interesting in some of those cities... :D:eek:;)

I can show you some pics and give you the stories offline.

I'll just watch the news when you get back from brazil and see how man dead tranys they find...:D

Hopefully GSXRNurse and I will get to go somewhere fun this year. I have'nt had a vacation in forever

Satan... If youre interested in going to Europe, I would be more then willing to talk with you about options and costs.. I can tell you that for 4500 you would be able to see damn near all of Europe and stay for a long damn time for that kind of money if you were backpacking and staying at hostels. I was there for about 15 days and spent around 1700 which included my plane ticket. Im will be spending about 2500 for my trip to brazil this year and that includes airfare, a house on the beach for 10 days and food and transportation while Im there. You can get so much more for your money especially in Europe.

Satan... If youre interested in going to Europe, I would be more then willing to talk with you about options and costs.. I can tell you that for 4500 you would be able to see damn near all of Europe and stay for a long damn time for that kind of money if you were backpacking and staying at hostels. I was there for about 15 days and spent around 1700 which included my plane ticket. Im will be spending about 2500 for my trip to brazil this year and that includes airfare, a house on the beach for 10 days and food and transportation while Im there. You can get so much more for your money especially in Europe.

That's the thing, I don't care about backpacking through Europe. I want to ride the Alps.

Hopefully GSXRNurse and I will get to go somewhere fun this year. I have'nt had a vacation in forever

WHAT??? I'm pretty sure we just got back from New England less than two weeks ago. Apparently you also forgot about the two weeks that you spent in Thailand in October. You are so full of shit.