Kenda K 761 tires?

speedytriple

Ok thanks Cannon, I am looking to use them for 90% road use thats why I went with them. I may hit a few fire roads or dirt hard pack/gravel but thats about it for off road. Mello dude name a set of tires that is made in the U.S.A. For the price I paid I figure it's worth a try to see how they are.

Ok thanks Cannon, I am looking to use them for 90% road use thats why I went with them. I may hit a few fire roads or dirt hard pack/gravel but thats about it for off road. Mello dude name a set of tires that is made in the U.S.A. For the price I paid I figure it's worth a try to see how they are.

No problem, just pointing it out. Sometimes if I have a choice between the China product or elsewhere, I'll pick the elsewhere. Although its damn hard nowadays to try to buy non - china products.

Recon I have searched google for three weeks reading reviews on tires, have done many searches on thumper talk and adv riders. From what I have read they seem to have more positive on road reviews then bad. I took my dr down a dirt gravel road for a bit today but could have been on the speedtriple and done the same. LOL I might Get a second set of rims over the winter and mount some knobbies on them for off road use if I ever see any of that?

So I got my new tires in today. They look like they will have much more contact with the road then the knobbies I have now. I am gonna see if I can mount them with tire irons, if not then I will be making a trip down to Pauls house to have him do it. Just need to figure out a way to balance them if I do it myself? Any suggestions on that?

Just need to figure out a way to balance them if I do it myself? Any suggestions on that?

It's not perfect but using the axle bolt and two cinder blocks or similar pieces on the sides you can use the weigh balance method. Spin the wheel and use tape to mark the top when the wheel stops. Place a "stick on weight" under the tape to check if the added weight corrects the balance. Play with it till you are not stopping in the same spot each time. Probably 75% accurate if your bearings are good and there is nothing binding the tire from spinning freely. Apply the weights once your happy. On speeds under 80mph you'll never notice the difference.;)